Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Frostbitten Black Phoenix

This starts out with a nice almond note with a hint of snow/ice but my skin then turns it into playdoh with a soapy finish. Regular Black Phoenix ended up being a very strong baby powder on me so this is a strange turn & not the way I was hoping the frost note would influence the base scent. That first bit of almond was so nice... 

Edited by alterosen

Frosty snow dusted over rose and almond. I am amping up the rose in this version. Good throw and wear length.

Okay, today I had another "happy rediscovery." Last year I got both Black Phoenix and Frostbitten Black Phoenix. I had done preliminary sniffs of both but had not gotten around to FBBP. This is even LOVELIER after a year of chilling out with the pals in the crate. In the bottle: Honeyed marzipan, with some kind of white floral. On, wet: I'm getting some dark fruit notes, like deep dark plums, coming to the party along with that marzipan and honey note. It's a very rich, dense scent. Drydown: Surprisingly, a lot of the almond/marzipan notes fade and I'm left with a plum/floral sort of skin musk with an echo of honeyed sweetness. Lots of folks reported strong rose with this one but I am not really getting anything that shouts "only rose" out of this, but there is a lovely white tea rose element her. Really gorgeous and festive.