Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Coffee, Brown Sugar, Cream, & Honey

Mead and coffee! I swear the sugar and honey smell like mead, and with a good shot of espresso in it. So mead coffee. Good for those nights when you're out caroling because you need both the alcohol, sugar, and caffeine. Good throw and wear length.

With one sniff, I was inundated with honey, and the sharp honey too, not the warm rounded kind. A waft of creamed and sugared coffee sitting in a cup nearby, while shoving a spoonful of fierce honey in your mouth. If Lupers came out with a coffee scent, this would be it. It clearly isn't the one for me, with my precarious relationship with honey, but for a honey lover who wants some coffee, maybe this is the one for you?

On the other hand, others weren't getting honey when they sniffed it, so....I don't really know what to think!

This shows up as described. Brown-sugared honey and a coffee with cream.

The honey stands out a lot at first -- bit strange with coffee -- but the scent pulled itself together on me after drydown.

This goes well with an Irish coffee in the morning. 😎

In the decant: Honey, coffee with cream, and brown sugar -- in that order. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's brown sugar and coffee with cream. As it dries, it's more honey than brown sugar, so it's a very richly sweet, creamed coffee candy. 

And... I don't know. There's nothing off-putting about it on me, but it's very sweet and very foodie on me. I'm starting to think I like my coffee scents with a little more spice in them. 

Not a honey fan, but I'm liking this mix of coffee and honey. I don't get much cream or brown sugar, which takes this coffee scent away from a more sweetened coffee. I get more of a deepened coffee scent, without being bitter, which I'm really liking.

something went deeply wrong with this one on me. I tested it three separate times, weeks apart, to be sure it wasn't menopause or hormonal shifts, but no, this is coffee and vomit.

I'm very sad. I really, really wanted All The Coffee Things from this line and my skin has just destroyed them all. :(

This is a nice enough scent. A gentle coffee that is definitely blended with cream (that does not go funky or plastic on me) that is predominantly brown sugar as the main thing I can smell. 
I cannot get any honey to come out.

This is pleasant but not distinct enough to warrant a bottle.

Wet, this came off as... artificial chocolate on me? Part of it is just how strong the honey is coming across paired with the other notes.

I have mixed feelings on this one. As it dries down, the odd chocolate vibe I was getting calms down into something that is definitely creamy and sweet and brown, but not exactly sugary. I think I was expecting some bitterness from the coffee to balance out the sweet, but it doesn't have that. It's more like a decaf with lots of honey and cream. I agree with the comment about it being foodie and sweet, and would probably lean more toward coffee scents with some spice next time. Fairly pleasant and comforting, though, so I'll enjoy what I have.

I just ordered this, and I'm excited to see what it smells like! I already have Milk Chocolate and Honey, so I'm hoping this is a little richer because of the coffee. Either way, I have a thing for chocolate/honey/sugar scents so hopefully it will work! 

Omg, this is the same honey that was in the following Milk Chocolate and Honey Cream a couple months later with the 2020 Lupers.  

If you’re desperately searching for more of that and can’t find it, this is definitely a sister scent.  

In the bottle I get sweetened creamy coffee.  Wet this is a huge kick of the same honey in Milk Chocolate and Honey Cream.  I can’t smell the coffee at this point, but it definitely gives it a deeper slightly less sweet feel than Milk Chocolate and Honey Cream.

Dry down on this makes me realize that what I love so much about Milk Chocolate and Honey Cream is whatever magic Beth worked on the honey note, because it’s exactly the same here.  I’m going to do a side by side tomorrow to compare, but this absolutely scratches the same itch as my beloved Milk Chocolate and Honey Cream.  

At this point, before doing the comparison I’m saying this is super similar but definitely darker and less sweet.  The coffee is vaguely present but I mostly get dank dark honey and caramelized brown sugar and agree with the mead comparison.  The coffee takes this out of cloying territory.  Definitely hunting down a backup of this.