Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cafe au Lait & a Wool Blanket

This scent is very wooly and comforting. I’m definitely getting a snuggly wool blanket underlied with smooth milk. The blanket has a hint of clean to it. There’s not much coffee at the moment, but this is fresh from the mailbox so I expect this to develop as it settles. Overall, a very cozy scent.

I get smooth coconut milk and cashmere wool. This is a cozy, comforting blend. I don't really get much coffee, but the milk and wool aspects are very clean and comforting. Good throw and wear length.

I wouldn’t call this a coffee scent. More, sitting reflective and cozy under a blanket by the last dregs of coffee in a porcelain cup. Milky dessert coffee cause who doesn’t want to sit pampered under a blanket with a sweet warm drink in the midst of winter? The soul is warmed. The wrist is warmed. More atmospheric and conceptual than coffee. Coffee peeps wear this because you *know* how lovely those lingering moments are when the cup is empty but the body and spirit still warmed, and Everyone else because you deserve to feel special. ❤️

Omgcozy.

The coffee is fully cafe au lait'd out, all cozy and chill. Comfy cashmere blanket yes. Warm, milky vanilla coffee yes. The book isn't in the scent, but it's in the picture.

There might be a shred of coconut in the cup.

Love.

I was really hoping this would have the same note as Cozy Pumpkin Sweater, and I was not disappointed. It is that gorgeous vanilla wool that is lamb-soft vetiver-adjacent without any of the bite of vetiver. Could it be a white pepper? It is kind of hypnotic. Without the pumpkin and clove of Cozy, the wool note really shines and that is a very, very good thing. Surprisingly quiet is the cafe au lait, with the lightest whiff of coffee if you know to look for it, a light vanilla hazelnut with warmed milk and plenty of sugar. Softly curling from an endtable beside you, it's there for a sip or two.

What you really came here for, though, is your favorite fuzzy throw. Wool, sherpa, fleece, whatever it's made out of, the Wool Blanket part of the scent envelopes me in downy softness, the ultimate cozy snuggle into a favorite armchair. Cleanly washed and softened with vanilla, it's also been lived in for a while so it has a skin-musk warmth that's hard to pin down. Hygge believers should stock up on this Cafe because it brings everything but the book; that, you'll have to bring yourself. The more I've come to smell book blends, the more I realize I like all the things that are book-adjacent - warm drinks, cozy blankets, crackling hearth, leather covers, and beeswax candles - without perhaps needing to cover myself in the exact scent of the book itself.

Even if you usually aren't into coffee blends, this could be one for you if you enjoy vanilla/wool/milky notes. One of my favorite Yules this year, and it came home with me immediately!

WOW. The Lab is straight-up knocking it out of the park with these cozy, milky blends this year. I am absolutely in love with this scent and I never want to be parted from it, hahahaha. This is the most softly velvety and deeply comforting scent I've ever had envelope me with its warmth and surety. As others have said, there is just the barest hint of coffee, here -- but it is redolent of steamed milk, as if you have already drank the cafe au lait and the cool dregs are left behind in a very fine porcelain cup. Most prominent in the top notes is a creamy yet clean vanilla with the barest hint of lavender surrounding the softest cashmere wool you have ever wrapped yourself in, freshly laundered. Not only that, but there is a luxurious quality to this that makes you feel like you're stretching out on your favorite couch as the winter sun slants through your window, perfectly contented.

This is a special, special scent that provided great comfort during the Yule season, which tends to be a hard one for me. I don't know how Beth does it... this is just perfect and exactly how I want to feel all winter long.

OMG... this is beautiful. This years coffee note, has been more like ground raw coffee beans.... but in this one, there is simply a hint of soft coffee. Then a warm snuggle! I have been huffing like a loon to work this scent out. I finally get what reminds me of an alcoholic vanilla custard cream dessert?! It's sweet, soft and comforting

I am going to be the dissenter here. This was all wool blanket on me. While I could smell just a tiny bit of the milky coffee note in the bottle, it did not want to show up on my skin. It was just this bright, clean, wool note. 

I am going to set this one aside and see if it needs more time to settle. I was hoping this would be like the coffee equivalent of Cozy Pumpkin Sweater, but there's just not enough coffee here for me.

Fresh on my skin I get cozy milky coffee and a whiff of something like almond extract- sort of amaretto-ish. Then the fluffy, cleanish wool comes in. So comforting. Vanillaish (maybe tonka?) and a bit creamy with the milk. Just a bit of roasty coffee at the edges of the scent. Like a perfect Sunday morning. 

For me this has a light coconuty-lime hint at the beginning. I dont get much coffee at all, but then a light vanilla wool comes in and steals the show. Its like a sunny morning in a breakfast nook with your favorite sweater. 

I really like it, and Im not one for soft scents usually.

So, my mother has Alzheimer's disease, and I've heard that losing your scent of smell is an early warning sign.  And the two kaffeeklatsch decants I tried this morning had me really worried.  Thank goodness for all you reviewers to reassure me, because I am really not smelling coffee in Cafe au Lait and a Wool Blanket at all.  A soft, sweet milkiness, a trace of vanilla maybe, but coffee?  Maybe, if I imagine it, the drop of espresso that Italian moms put in the warm milk they prepare for toddlers.  No more.  It's a nice, fluffy, comforting smell, but not the least bit caffeinated to me.  

ETA:  The drydown of this scent is gorgeous and lasts forever.  It was still going strong 12 hours after application, which never happens on my skin.  I may buy a bottle even if the coffee is exceedingly reticent. 

Edited by Lucchesa

This scent is both confusing and SO cozy... I don’t even.

It is mostly au lait that used to live near coffee, so you sometimes catch a lingering tendril. 
However, this is laid over an absolutely indescribable sort of cuddly, cozy, soft and fluffy scent. Assuming this is the wool blanket, it is incredible. 

Not a huge throw, but good staying power. 

It is not super foody - not very sweet, more a feeling than a scent.

I don’t know. This scent puzzles me but I also love it and have zero blind bottle regrets.

I read people mentioning vetiver as part of the cozy wool note but I didn't think it would bother me.  I don't hate vetiver but sometimes it's a lot.  In this blend, it's a lot.  There was an undercurrent of this scent that made me a little nauseous, honestly.  It also has a bit of the clean cotton note from Dirty and I think those things with the milky note are what sent my stomach rolling.  Also it had the strongest throw and staying power of any BPAL i got in my last order! Unfortunately I don't know if i love the scent.  Woe is me, I wanted to be cozy so bad.

This is a woolly blanket.  It is sweet and thick and pilled and cozy.  I can ID sweet coffee in the sweetness of this scent, but don't notice much milk.  This is totally fine with me because milk and I don't always get along.  This has great sillage and lasts a good while on me.  I don't think this is a bottle for me, but I might hang onto the imp.  

I’m not sure what to make of this one. My nose is a bit confused by it. I don’t have any experience with wool notes so to me the overall scent I get is a milky, sweet, perfumey one. And a tiny bit of that clean note in the background. 

It’s nice, doesn’t have a ton of throw, but it’s not I guess what I was expecting? I’m going to let it age a few months and revisit to see if it deepens and the coffee shows up. 

This is a beautiful fragrance and I find I have been reaching for it a lot! It's milky with a clean blend of dryer sheets that smells really lovely. I find that it blankets me in its warm embrace and it's very comforting.

Cozy, milky, and soft. This is gentle and fuzzy. The creaminess and wool are apparent. The coffee is much less so, but it's there. The only issue is that this is vanishingly faint on me. It lasts longer on fabric, but it's also more perfume-y on fabric than it is on my skin. This seems to be the same wool note that I adore in Cozy Pumpkin Sweater, but minus the spices and with a glass of milk in their place.

I really want to love this one, but it just doesn't work on me 😕

Wet, it is very close to going plastic-y, and even once it dries and that fades, it still has an undertone that threatens to do it. But generally it stays in a thick, fluffy, mellow vanilla. I get all blanket, maybe some au lait, and no café. I had hoped with age the coffee would come out more, but it hasn't. Maybe it's time to play with some layering options.

Anyway, it's still rather pleasant, just not what I had hoped for.

This smells entirely different than I would have imagined, but it's very yummy!

I get apple cream pie with toasted almonds or coconut actually - cozy and comforting but also a bit juicy and sweet.

The creaminess must came from the milk. And I guess the toasted coffee beans may play a trick on my nose and come across as very nutty. I have to say though that I like the Labs coffee note and coffee scents a lot so far.

So this settles down as milk coffee with an overall comforting scent. No more apple. Very nice.  Do I detect any carnation for the dry sweetness of wool? Any sandalwood that comes from the drier coffee note?

I hope it's not doing any weird tricks during drydown.

This gets more almond milk and coconut meat the longer is sits on my skin. Very refreshing actually and neither too sweet nor too cloying.

The coffee note melts into a spicier but behaved sandalwood. My skin eats up the rest.

What an interesting scent for sure.

I only tested a tiny bit from an imp, but I wonder what slathering on would turn into on me.

If I get the chance to snag a bottle, I certainly will!