Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Gingerbread, Patchouli, Leather, & Dark Musk

Yes all these notes together but also, it blends to make a gorgeous, refined (I know, what?) fougere.

There's a hint of smokiness in the dark musk as well.

I'd say this scent leans to a bit of a masculine slide of the dial, but everyone can wear it. (and should.)

Gorgeously blended, less gourmand, more chic.

In the bottle: I get the leather and smokey-is musk and gingerbread

Wet: fougere... so well blended I don't smelll any notes peeking out in a forward way. It's a wonderful melange.

Dry: The patch has a dry feel to it, the gingerbread has been eaten and the musk melds with the faint spices and leather.

Edited by Velvet Lilly

Gingerbread, Patchouli, Leather, and Dark Musk: the notes read like a list of some of my favourite notes, and I'm not disappointed. It's a warm, kind of sexy, long-lasting, but not overpowering scent. The musk is the most noticeable aspect of it, the gingerbread follows right along, and the leather is somewhere in the middle. The patchouli is a low-key one that just supports all the other notes. (I will say that there's more patchouli depending on where I apply it, and I notice it more on my wrists.) It's all blended beautifully and I think it will be hoard-worthy for fans of sexy, sophisticated, slightly-gourmand fragrances.

Picture an attractive person of your choice who's arrived at your holiday party with a tray of gingerbread cookies, and they're wearing a well-loved black leather jacket that holds the traces of a black musk/patchouli fragrance from years of wear.

This would be a great thing to wear when you want to be festive and you're feeling like smelling just a bit sweet, but not like "Hello, baked goods!"

Not surprisingly, a very dark and sexy blend. Surprisingly, it's the patch that dominates on my skin: a fierce, earthy patchouli, quite dirty, but sweetened enough by the gingerbread that it's not the scrubber kind. Once that begins to calm down, everything else coexists dreamily. This is exactly as dark and growly as you'd expect it to be from the notes. The gingerbread is spicy, a lot more gingery than last year's offerings, and the leather is giving the patch a harder edge than maybe it would normally have.

The first hour is fierce and loud. And then the drydown is exquisite. I can't wait to see what a year of aging does to this beauty.

Ohhhh yes mama. Sexy gingerbread man on a Harley! This is an dark dream of woods, smoke, and spices. The gingerbread note isn't too sweet, but it is gourmand enough to communicate the Yule theme. The drydown takes some of the gingerbread edge off, and it is indeed exquisite. If you like your holiday smellies gritty, growly, smoky, and sexy, this is your huckleberry.

Leather, patchouli, woods and a whiff of spices. Honestly, this is more of a spiced leather+patch blend that anything else. Manly, sexy, patch. Good throw and wear length.

Wet, I get plenty of gingerbread from Gingerbread, Patchouli, Leather and Dark Musk, but it's the drier, lighter-colored gingerbread with a prominent ginger note, not the really sticky gingerbread that's almost black from molasses.  But as it dries down I get less and less gingerbread from this blend, more and more leather, with a little musk and patch backing it up.  On me this is a slightly spicy masculine-leaning blend, and it's really nice:  rugged with a hint of spices, not the other way around.  

Take a worn leather jacket, subtlety scented by the owner’s patchouli oil and sweat, and transform it into a gingerbread loaf. There you have it. 
The notes are all equally represented, and I think it’s just coming across as murky to me. I wish one of the notes was more prominent, sharper, than the others.
I think it’s a sexy and rugged holiday, yet I have so many sexy rugged leather scents that call to me louder and need more of my attention. 

In the bottle: Spicy-musky leather. 

Wet on my skin: The musk + leather in this take on an almost vanillic quality on my skin, for a few minutes. At that point, it's a gorgeous, chewy, spicy leather-musk blend. Definitely gingerbread and molasses type spices, but this isn't a gingerbread-forward scent while wet. 

Dry: ...Or while dry. This is a very masculine scent on me, which I am totally fine with! The leather, patchouli, and dark musk are smooth, deep, and dark, and the gingerbread is more of a supporting role. There's this incredibly sexy, chewy, and spicy molasses gingerbread underneath the smooth, dark leather/patch/musk combo, giving it a little bit of grit. The almost vanilla-like sweetness to the leather + musk combo does linger on my skin, but becomes more obviously leather as it dries. This is a very, very sexy scent. This is something a large, intimidating, but also very handsome Viking-looking Scandinavian death metal band member might wear to a winter holiday celebration with their significant other.