Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Gingerbread & Candyfloss

In the bottle, it is like gingerbread cotton candy!! Oh it smells so good!! On my skin, It stays the same, but a nice smokiness comes out of it which makes it not too sweet! Either way, sweet or smoky, this is so amazing! It has good throw on me and it is quite comforting! 

Alas. The fluffy sweet carnival treat I didn’t know existed. Who decided to pipe my molasses confection with cotton candy? Who lives in this house?  Dude, you just broke the fourth wall. You must know me. You got into my head. No cinnabomb at all. I wonder if the world is real at all. Help. I was startled and didn’t buy a bottle. I have regrets. 

Many of the gingerbreads are quite similar, but Candyfloss stands out for all the right reasons. The same delicious cotton candy note we all know and love, tucked away with love into a softly spicy bed of gingerbread cookie. If you adored it in She Sauntered Vaguely Downwards or Vampire Tween, here's your Yule iteration. Run, don't walk to this sweets shop!

The only thing that held me back from a full bottle was how soft it seemed at Lunacy, surrounded by so many other scents competing for my attention. I was afraid it would not show up on my skin with any throw or duration during normal wear and tear. A whisper of a treat, but I can't wait to slather with a decant or more in my near future.

Gingerbread and Candyfloss smells wonderful. The candyfloss adds a much needed floofiness that elevates the gingerbread note. It's a combo that will put a smile on your face.

The sad thing? It becomes very soft very quickly and pretty much disappears after only an hour. :cry2:

Due to the lack of longevity, I am thinking I won't need a bottle -- but I'll do a slather test at some point just to be sure, because it would be a bottle purchase if I could get it to last.

Soft cotton candy and spiced gingerbread. This is spicy cotton candy on me. Like cinnamon cotton candy. Medium throw, average wear length.

This is delightful. A sort of cakey, not too spicy, very gentle gingerbread that has been spun into candy floss (similar to cotton candy). This is somewhere related to Midway (not a dupe but in the same family) but with gingerbread instead of funnel cake and no taffy. 
Somehow manages to not be overwhelmingly foody? Not super sweet? This isn’t like a cake scent with frosting that makes your teeth ache. This is very understated.

Throw is extremely low and staying power seems lowish too.

Shub-Niggurath is my favorite gingerbread scent.  This is more dry and spicy, like burnt gingerbread cookies that have been dusted with cinnamon sugar.  First on, it reminds me of the cinnamon potpourri that my grandma used to have, and then it dries down to a much more sugary scent.  The cotton candy, I think, is giving me that burnt sugar impression, but it doesn't smell like pink, fluffy cotton candy to me.  It's burnt gingerbread cookies with caramelized, burnt sugar and a dusting of cinnamon.

I was really hoping this would be a fun gingerbread cotton candy kind of vibe, and I am sorely disappointed. The candy floss isn't giving the right vibes - it's just vague slightly pink sugar. It's unfortunately the least remarkable gingerbread (more bready than spicy, too) I have and no longevity. I get maybe a faint hour at best. I'll hang onto the decant though for reference.