Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Poinsettia Gown

2020 version!

Wet: Good lord, HELLO JASMINE. HI THERE. You can smell the rose along with it, but it's mainly just a really intense jasmine. (Also throw in the slight scent of baby powder.)

Dry: Ah. Floral baby powder. That's about right.

If you skin enjoys rose and jasmine, you can pretty much ignore this review. Rose and jasmine typically don't work on me, but my curiosity got the best of me on this scent. Darn!

Poinsettia Gown is well outside my comfort zone, but I adore it. It feels elegant and sophisticated yet playful and cozy.

It opens with rich and warm and big florals. The jasmine slowly settles and the fragrance becomes a sweet, floral-laced cloud of whipped cream. Cloud may be the wrong word if it suggests this is an ethereal or subtle scent; it is not - it has projection and staying power. Overall, it makes me feel cheerful and warm.

I love every listed note in this, so it seemed a sure shot no matter how the notes played, and it was! JASMINE blasts out of the bottle with fireworks and trumpets, ROSE backflips onto the scene with sequins and a drum line, and they just diva right out for a few minutes and then the sweet, creamy notes glide in all at once and it becomes an absolutely divine sweet, creamy, floral harmony! Wow this is a Broadway production in a bottle and I’m just thrilled to be in the audience lol

Soft, fluid jasmine with creamy rose underneath. Very white, foamy is definitely an apt description. Whilst it won't win over anyone who doesn't like rose and jasmine already, it's a dream for floral lovers.

Like rose and jasmine marshmallows. Thick, sweet, not as red as I expected. It is indeed very floral.

Not much else to say! A lovely sweet cream floral blend.

2020 version.

In the imp: Jasmine cream, vanilla, amber.

Wet: A lovely moist rose, mallow and jasmine, and rich gold amber, thick like toffee.

Dry: I tested this three times to try and get a review of the drydown, and every time I failed. It's incredibly short-lived: a burst of jasmine, a waft of rose, and then... nothing. It's delicate and beautiful, very mild, and probably the perfect scent to wear when you don't want to be wearing anything much at all.

Stars: ★★★½

2023 version

Full disclosure, this smells very scary in the bottle. Thankfully, the jasmine is not nearly so fecal on the skin.

This is all frothed vanilla-rose foam on me, with a touch of jasmine that manifests as a light oudh note. I attempted to make rosewater meringues a few months ago and they smelled almost exactly like this. Reminds me of Pink Snowballs and Vampire Lace.

2023 Version.

This is sooooo pretty. First thing it kinda reminds me of is Lady Lucille Sharpe, in the way that it's kinda white florally-light with a soft sweet tone in there. The jasmine is suuuuper soft, almost fuzzy.

It morphs quickly, but not too harshly. More of a warm rose note coming through, and it warms up to a more reddish scent, with fluffy cream as a center.

On drydown it's doing what few jasmine scents have been doing on my skin; turning into cat pee!! Ughhhh. This has sooo much potential and the 'old christmas postcard' makes so much sense now. So pretty though!! Sophisticated, ladylike. 

Nope nope nope NOPE I am NOT a jasmine person apparently!!!! god this was straight cat-pee covered up by an over bearing floral mainstream perfume. so sad :((((