Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Moon's My Own

This is a beautiful frosty yellow floral, very atmospheric and cold but vividly glowing too! I would not have guessed there was mugwort lurking around this lake, but I totally picture the crystalline ice, the slight bitterness of the lemon peel that always helps tone down the bright citrus, the piercing quality of the white musk and moonflower like little icicles of scent surrounding your lakeside vigil. One of the more picturesque of the Yules this year. If the scent description appeals to you, this blend is very very apt.

Lemons coated with white frost. After a moment, the mugwort -- dreamy herbal against this winter backdrop -- drifts in.

I like this particular wintry trio. Mugwort is a lovely complement to the other notes. With another herb, like basil, this could smell like a winter kitchen or garden. Mugwort takes the blend, instead, to a dreamtime place, a yellow moon's winter-lake reflection of itself.

The moonflower suffuses the blend on me after drydown. By now, though, white musk is also adding poofs of powder, too much powder for me.

Of the other blends I've tried, this one reminds me most of Take the Moon (silvered musk, lemon peel, white fir needle, frosted apple blossom, mugwort), but its overall effect on me is softer and less sharp.

Weirdly enough, this starts out (wet) as pine trees on me. Definitely Yule, but not really my thing. However, the pine vanishes as it dries down and it becomes a fresh lemon (as opposed to cleaning-product lemon) over the moonflower note I recognize from Moon Rose. It's pretty and unexpected but still wintry.

This starts out extremely lemony on me, but the lemon notes calm down and the floral and musk notes come out more as it dries down. Even though the lemon calms down, this is definitely a very "yellow" scent, with the lemon adding brightness to the moonflower and mugwort. The white musk is subtle, adding a faint, sort of creamy note in the background. Surprisingly, I can barely pick up the snow/frost note, but it may just be blending especially well with the lemon. After drydown, I'd say the lemon and the moonflower are the most prominent notes. Overall, a very pretty, chilly, citrus and white floral blend.

I’m not entirely sure what “mugwort” smells like but this is sticks and lemon cleaning fluid on me. Like I was washing the floor with lemon Lysol yesterday and dumped the bucket outside on a thicket of twigs when I was done, and this is what it smells like today.

Lemon, mugworth, and snowy ice. Honestly, this codes to a snowy Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, sans musky fur. It also makes me think of the moon in winter, and honestly gives me a very TAL-ish vibe. Like you should use this for magical purposes during the winter. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: Lemon and something slightly herbal which I'm guessing is the mugwort. (It smells almost juniper-ish to me. ) There's a very icy quality as well. Lemons sitting on a frozen lake in the forest? Yeah, I'll go with that.

Dry: The lemon is not as strong as the wet stage unfortunately, but I'm getting a lot more of the mugwort and that "icy" note from earlier. So lemons sitting on a frozen lake in the forest.. but the lemons have been sitting out for hours and the snow is covering up their scent now or something. 

Lemon is the strongest note that I can detect, but there's also some faint ice note in here along with the musk. Not familiar with moonflower so I couldn't pick it out if it showed up.

This almost reminds me of lemonade with some type of herb or mint added in. It's very nice, but also very faint throw with a low staying power. Can't see a bottle upgrade, but I'll keep the decant around for a special occasion.