Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Hymn to St. Brigid

A buttery Love's Philosophy, without the saffron, of course. This is not a shy butter! It's been left out on the counter for the week and is quite soft and squishy and a little oily. The honey is a little sharp to my nose, but others will probably disagree, honey is such a personal experience of a note. Creamy and sweet-but-not-TOO-sweet, this Hymn is one to try if the Luper is your jam and you want a very cozy, VERY butter-forward Yule version of it. I kind of wonder what saffron would smell like with this!

Buttery honey and cream. Almost too buttery on me. Also, a ton of honey. Honestly, this is like the Light of Men's Lives on steroids. Amp up every portion of it, just don't set it on fire. Great throw and wear length.

Just got this in the mail last week. 
In the bottle: creamy, creamy butter. Sweet, just what I was hoping for.

On my skin: where the heck did these flowers come from? I must be crazy. How does this smell like a completely different perfume on me than in the bottle? The throw is strong. It’s about 45 minutes in and the floral is still intense. Waiting to see if it’ll mellow later. 

Edit: it’s been about two hours. The throw is pretty weak but that flowery smell has almost disappeared now. I get the honey fragrance and it’s very resinous. Not overwhelmingly sweet. 

I’m interested to see how this will age. I end result is really nice on my skin so I’m definitely going to hang on to it.

Edited by Jamesthesaint

Starts as butter and cream in the bottle. Goes on as oooh! perfumy honey! This gets slightly more foodie as it dries but doesn't quite turn cloying. Not much throw, but very pretty.

Hymn is one of my Yule loves.  It smells like sweet wildflower honey drizzled into chilled cream (the cream is sweet, but also cool and fresh smelling to me).  I actually don't think that this smells buttery.  You definitely won't smell like you rolled around with a stick of butter or anything.  The honey and refreshing cream are much more prominent to me.  It makes me think of big, fuzzy bumblebees and makes me wish for summer and for things to go back to normal...

This makes me think of honey drizzled over yeasty rolls.  I could see how some folks would really dig that, but it's not really something I want in a perfume.  I don't get any obvious butter, which is a note I rather enjoy.  I don't really get cream either, but maybe that's because I associate "cream" with vanilla cream, and that's not what this is.  Mostly, I get a thin, sweet honey, like you'd find in the honey bear squeeze bottles.  It's sort of "meady."  There's a little bit of a pollen/wild flower vibe going on as well, but over all, this is not rich or dark enough for me.  

Edited by VetchVesper

On 1/27/2020 at 11:01 AM, Soupy Twist said:

Starts as butter and cream in the bottle. Goes on as oooh! perfumy honey! This gets slightly more foodie as it dries but doesn't quite turn cloying. Not much throw, but very pretty.

This is a perfect description. I definitely smell the butter in the bottle and a little bit on my skin, but the honey does take over. It is very mellow, though, and it doesn't last for a long time. It is a subtle pretty scent and I find it to be great for layering. Tonight I layered it with Baby's First Ballista and LOVED it. 

A warm mixture of rich golden honey, luxurious cream and a soft white and green floral.  Possible honeysuckle, or something else that reminds me of meadows, bees, and waving wildflowers, sweetly scented, but not cloying, on a warm June day!  Very pretty!  

I see why people mention getting honeysuckle from this. I'm not getting anything related to butter or cream, but it's a light and pretty scent which makes me feel like I'm lying down in a meadow on a warm June day.

Exactly what it says it is: sweet butter, cream, honey! The honey does have a floral edge - like a honeysuckle, or wildflower honey. And it's backed by the rich buttery cream, but it's also oddly a light scent, if that makes sense - it's not heavy, more like a waft of cream and butter lifted up by a breeze. Low throw - this is a skin-close scent - but it's very pretty! It makes me think of spring.

I was a little leery of this one because several noted a honeysuckle note, but I'm pleased to say that on me, while it does rear its head initially, that floral quality fades away pretty quickly. The butter note is definitely strongest in the bottle, and when it's dried down, I'm left with a lightly buttery, creamy, sweet, very light honey. It's definitely pretty, and much lighter than I was expecting. Glad I chanced this one!

Not what I was expecting, with my skin chemistry there’s a clean, shampoo note. I’m getting the sweet cream and honey, yeah, but it’s like combined with green and herbal notes. Gonna have to swap this one sadly.

Edited by tinyvulture