Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Egg Nog Cheesecake

I want to eat this. Pure edible goodness, foodie galore, thick and creamy and eggy with the same heady eggnog note you may have smelled in Egg Nog Cocoa Atmo from 2018, plus a dash of spice and some excellent crumbly crust on the cheeseake. Surprisingly from the first two notes listed, I wouldn't consider this a boozy scent. It's only in the way that when you bake with alcohol, you can get some of the rich flavor and complexity to counter the sweetness of the dessert; that's exactly how the brandy and rum behave here, lending nice spice and depth to this concoction.

I was enchanted from first sniff at Lunacy, and immediately slathered. It's just so yummy. On the skin, it doesn't disappoint. Up close, this is a strong and sweet gourmand beauty, true to its inspiration. The only Yule wish I could have (uh, besides hairgloss of this? but there is PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE which is the same amazing cheesecake note!), is for the duration of its potent phase to be longer. It hangs out for an hour and then dies down to something soft and beautiful, close to the skin. But so worth reapplying! 

A bottle came home with me. If you've enjoyed any of the lab's Eggnog notes in the past (and so far I've tried Eggnog Latte, Egg Nog Cocoa Atmo, and There Arose Such a Clatter), or gourmand blends that are not pure unadulterated sweetness but have tons of richness and waftiness, this is a great one. 

Edited by starbrow

Eggnog, cheesecake, whiffs of rum and cream. This is mainly an egg-nog cheesecake blend on me. Very foodie, very cheesecake. Low throw, average wear length.

This is sooooo delicious and 2 of my favorite scents from BPAL! It could be my signature scent. It’s a creamy cheesecake with just a hint of spice that’s just right! So good! I’ve wanted this scent forever! So glad BPAL finally made it! :wub:

Sampled my sister's decant. This is sweet, creamy, and really manages to capture the smell of cheesecake. The spice and rum aren't too strong, but blend seamlessly into the cheesecake creaminess. 

Bpal makes the most realistic cheesecake and the most realistic eggnog scents; I love having a mix of both in one delightful bottle.  I love the creamy, sweet, custard-y smell of eggnog, but most companies' eggnog fragrances are loaded with cinnamon and just smell spicy.  Bpal's eggnog doesn't have that spiciness and smells like real egg nog.  The cheesecake is vanilla-y and actually has that cream cheese tang with a little bit of buttery graham cracker crust.  It truly smells like you're sitting in front of a vanilla cheesecake and just dumped a gallon of eggnog on it.  Gourmand heaven.  If you like vanilla gourmands, you need this.

I wanted this to have a potent, spicy eggnog kick to it, but it's much more tame than that. On me, it's a very realistic cheesecake batter swirled with dollops of nice-not-naughty nog atop a crumbly crust. I love wearing this one to bed.

Creamy nutmeg cheesecake. Not getting any boozy notes until it starts to fade,  and that's mostly the spiced rum. Definitely just smells like a plain cheesecake at times, which I'm a fan of. I would have liked a little bit more booze, but regardless I'm still a fan of this!