Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

"In all things, love." A perfume of compassion, respect, and empathy for our fellow humans, and for the land itself and all the creatures that call it home: honey and mallow flower, sugar cane, white sandalwood, orris, and vanilla bean.

Such a mellow, & yummy scent. I get the honey, vanilla, & sugar cane first, then the sandalwood starts to come out. This is something I plan to wear at bedtime or rainy days.

Edited by Rane.
*added "vanilla"

Starts out soft and fluffy, with lots of honey and sugar. The sandalwood and orris add a lovely backbone - a pillar of strength, like a warm supportive hug. It's intoxicating and comforting. 

This is my favorite of the Black Friday frimps. I adore a note that I don't yet recognize here---I think it's the mallow flower? Anyway, this is sweet, a little sugary, but very pretty and bright. I will cherish my imp.

Loads of honey, a waxy vanilla, and sugar cane. Soon, a super-poofy mallow amps way up on me, like it does. 

Sugary vanilla honey-mallow, with a poof as big as a beehive.

In the imp: Honey, mallow, vanilla, sandalwood, and orris. It's sweet, delicate and not cloying, and gently grounded.

On my skin:

Wet, it's mallow flower first, sweetened by honey. It stays remarkably consistent on me. It reminds me a bit of Elegant Vulvas, except that this honey is... simpler, cleaner, than the wildflower honey. 

It also has very little throw on me, though the scent is not faint up close. 

Wet: Honey, vanilla, and mallow flower. Gorgeous.

Dry: Oh... I love this.The honey is the strongest note, and it's sweet and so delicious smelling.  (Sweet, but not overbearing.) There's vanilla and the mallow flower backing up the honey, and the note combination is just freaking perfect. 

Alright.. who do I need to beg incessantly to get this as a 5ml option?

Sweets and sap! Freshly cut sugar cane and mallow flower, orris, smokey sandalwood, and a honey + vanilla base.

Sweet and sticky but definitely not gourmand - a bright springtime scent.

Initially, sweet but not cloying fluffy vanilla mallow. The honey turns this gently golden. It's grounded by the sandalwood, and luckily the orris doesn't go funny on me as it tends to. A wispy, happy scent. 

In the imp: A creamy, honey-sweet scent, reminiscent of Good from the RPG line.

Wet: A golden core of strength (I think this is the sandalwood?) with a golden, hazy cloud of sweetness wrapped around it. I'm getting quite a bit of honey and creamy mallow flower, but also some vanillic sweetness. If the orris is here, it's as a subtle backup note, reining in the sweeter elements and stopping them from going syrupy. Which I'm both delighted and surprised by, because orris has a tendency to go overwhelmingly powdery on me. There's also an interesting zingy, lively note, almost like citrus but not quite; this could be either the honey (especially if it's orange blossom honey, which smells quite citrusy IRL) or the mallow flower (which I'm not super familiar with).

Dry: The creamy mallow flower note is more dominant, making this mainly a mallow and honey blend with hints of vanilla. Still very sweet, in a zingy, uplifting kind of way.

Husky, musky, and sweet, with a thread of honey and sugar cane I recognize from Temple Viper.  This smells very luper to me.  Torischroeder9 mentioned vulvas, and I agree %100.

This is like Good but far less high pitched on me. It's a sugar and honey scent with some depth. I thought I could smell a dry cocoa underneath but that's probably the sandalwood. Very good.

This reminds me of love and good things and has helped me keep calm this holiday. I'd get a full size if they were available.

Edited by patina

Orris is, ordinarily, a death note, but this does not go soapy at all on me. It's kind of a vanilla marshmallow with a golden overtone to it - it's kind of a love child of O and Sed Non Satiata - but it's not excessively sweet and it's REALLY good.

5ML PLS.

This would've made a great Luper, sort of like a non-musky Womb Furie, but I'm certainly glad to have gotten the chance to experience it as a gift. Honey is the most prominent note on me, but it's not the smutty kind. I think it's the mallow flower that tames it into a more comforting scent, or maybe it's the orris. I'm glad that the sweet notes are there to tone down the orris, in turn, because I can't always wear that note. This is extremely wearable and lasts for several hours without announcing itself too loudly. When I saw that a friend was giving her imp away, I was quick to take it because I may go through my own imp soon at this rate. 

For symbolic reasons, In Omnibus Caritas is the BPAL that I chose to wear on the first two days of the year.

In the imp, I get mainly honey and vanilla, backed up by the mallow flower -- sort of like O, but with more going on beyond the honey and vanilla. Once I apply it, my skin starts amping that woody backbone others have been mentioning -- it must be the sandalwood and orris, but the combination reads less like sandalwood to me and more like a polished wood (at this stage, it reminds me less of O and more of Lawful, weirdly enough). I'm not entirely sure how I feel about how that specific type of wood scent plays with the honey and vanilla, but it does give the scent a strong backbone that takes it outside the realm of foody. Relatively low throw, but great staying power -- about 13 hours later, there are still lingering hints of it, with that polished wood aspect considerably mellowed out. 

This one was my favourite of the three Black Friday imps--sweet and just a bit foodie but more comforting in its sugar-coated way. I got a hint of mallow flower, loads of vanilla but not necessarily a foodie sort, and a touch of honey and sugar cane. I think the orris kept it grounded but I couldn't really pick it out. This one lasted ages, even when I accidentally washed some of it off!

In Omnibus Caritas is my favorite of 2019's Black Friday imps. It's a sugary, honeyed, vanilla-ed mallow flower dream, with some white sandalwood lurking behind in the background. The mallow flower really blooms with wear, adding a lovely floofiness to the scent. Orris, usually a powdery note of doom that overtakes everything on me, is somehow behaving itself here.

This would be right at home in the Shungas from the Lupercalia update. As a lover of sugary floral scents, I am a fan. I'll cherish my two imps. :heart:

Ohh it's so floral and pretty, with a yummy sweetness backing it up. The honey-vanilla sounded like it might be too much, but it's honestly really nice. It stays delicious-floral-honey on the dry down. I'm not sure how me it is, but it is very nice to sniff and it lasts a long time while staying pleasant.

In the imp: honey, mallow, sandalwood and vanilla.

Wet: sugar and mallow dominant, with a backing of orris, vanilla, and sandalwood as always - I amp that boy in the best way.

Dry: strong on honey, like the old Rappaccini's Apiary blends (which I adored), with a sweet base of white sandalwood and a splash of sugar cane. Long-lived (in excess of 12 hours) and with a hefty throw. A beautiful little gift I am most thankful for!

Stars: ★★★★½

Wow, my experience is so different with this blend!

This starts out as very strong bitter honey, both in the imp & on my skin. One year, one of our hives got into a field full of knapweed, an invasive plant with bitter, toxic sap. This smells like that hive's honey tasted: sweet & unbearably bitter. I could feel that bitterness on my tongue as I sniffed this scent.

As it dries, the bitter herbal note dials back. This reminds me of Door. I don't plan to wear it again--my mouth can't take the wet stage.

I am picky about sweet scents. A lot of sweet scents, especially with honey, smell sickening to me. Something cloying and acidic and fake about them that makes me feel ill.

This one is completely different. It's actually sugar-sweet and delightful. Something similar to the smell of marshmallows, but softer and very pleasant. It's like the scent equivalent of super soft, delicate, pastel-colored yarn woven into something loose. "Hazy," "Delicate" and "fluffy," as other reviewers have said, seem right in a lovely way.

This is such a lovely, sweet, cuddly scent.  It smells like clean skin slathered with a soft, honey scented lotion and climbing into your cool bed of soft sheets scented in realistic lily and marshmallow-y vanilla cream.  It has a cotton-y, cool quality and lots of delicate sweetness.  The white sandalwood and orris aren't turning to a powdery mess like they usually do for me and the scent overall is not sickly sweet in spite of having lots of vanilla and honey.  It's sweet and clean, but not soapy or overly sweet.  I wish that I could get a bottle of this, but it reminds me of scents like Traditional Sheet Ghost.