Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Not only is silver the traditional 25th anniversary gift, but it has deep, shiny roots in horror – from the silver that scorches vampires to the bullets that take werewolves down. Silver is the gleam of a goth’s ankh, silver is the sliver of the fog-shrouded moon. This Lace is cool and metallic, gleaming and liminal, sharp and fanged, with bitter black vanilla husk, bourbon tobacco, white cognac, juniper berry, white musk, ti leaf, and Italian bergamot.   

Edited by zankoku_zen

I know it's bad right out of the mail but figured there'd be interest in first impressions.  Silver Lace is glorious. Stars out skin musky and light green grass vaguely like dandelions and concrete? Wet Reminds me of one of the cemeteries and dry down is maybe is one of the unicorns - like deVos or allegory of chastity with that sheer vanilla. I reapplied when I got home but the stay power was really good. Keep huffing it.

Silver Lace is a refreshing addition to the pack. I love it. The bergamot ti leaf and white musk are gleaming white with a sweet smooth sheer vanilla lace over them. Wonderful bright sweet oriental. I will cherish this.

So on me this is similar to Antique Lace but with a silverish feel instead of aged yellowed lace. It is something freshish but not necessarily green or citrus or anything I can pin down. Also not with any kind of cool or snow note.

Antique Lace that isn’t Antique. I can see this being VERY popular.

Silvery, yellowed Antique Lace. I get citrus, vanilla, lace, and something that toggles between Antique Lace and a more white tea/silver version of that. It actually makes me think of Lucy from the Dracula stories once she becomes a vampire. It's that sort of not quite human aspect going on. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: This ABSOLUTELY smells "silver". To me it's like a metallic Antique Lace(2017), plus juniper. (I suppose that's not helpful unless you've smelled Antique Lace; I described the 2017 version as vanilla musk with clean linens.)

Dry: I'm getting much more vanilla now. A little less metallic smelling, and while most of the juniper has gone, the ti leaf is finally show its' face. Light, metallic, vanilla lace. Super pretty.

Keeper!

Gorgeous! That airy sweet vanilla and tobacco lace made smooth and cool with the juniper and ti leaf. There's a brightness I think from the bergamot but it's not citrusy. Makes me think of moonlight in the winter. 

This is nice, it starts out with a blast of citrus, the bergamot I suppose and the juniper threatens to smell like a weird old pine box for about 30 seconds. The metallic note is definitely silvery and reminds me of Silver Phoenix a bit, which was nice enough but I ended up destashing. While I think I like this better, it's just okay on the skin as it dries. The vanilla lacey bits are there underneath the brighter notes, but its just not wowing me I guess. However it is reminiscent of Mouses Long and Sad Tale, Antique Lace, and Zorya, so if you are into any of those, consider trying this one! I like those better but I'll keep this around to see how it ages!

I originally passed on this one when it was announced, but I was tempted to buy a partial once I read the glowing reviews.

Alas, I should have just stuck to my original instinct. The white tea leaf amps on me just as I expected, and the bourbon tobacco and cognac add to the sharpness of the scent. I get the juniper as well, but for the most part, it is a bright, sharp Lace. The vanilla is fleeting on me, and once the sharp aspects of the scent come down, it's all powder on my skin. Boo. I bet the white musk is a factor there.

I'll be passing this one on to a friend.

Edited by doomsday_disco

When you first apply it, the citrus is strong and dominant, but when it dries the vanilla comes out. The tobacco is there but so well blended that it’s hard to pick up by itself. Relative to most other Laces this is a fresher, cooler one. I love this. Very complex and sophisticated. 

This is what the name suggests---a whiter, cooler, higher-pitched version of Antique Lace. I don't get citrus, but I definitely get those cognac and juniper notes. Given that I mostly adore Antique Lace for its warm sweetness, I definitely still prefer the original to this.