Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Hay & Clove

In the decant and once on, I get mostly clove. The hay starts to slowly come out more as it dries down, but it stays pretty subtle, mostly adding a sort of warmth to the clove scent. Has good throw and lasted about 5ish hours on me. Warm and autumnal, and an alternative to what you might expect from cold-weather spice blends. Definitely one to grab if you like clove. Not sure if I need a full bottle, but glad I have a decant.

In the imp: Mainly clove, but...alcohol-y clove? Clove extract? It smells the way vanilla extract tastes, with that sharp, surprising bite of alcohol under the sweetness. Otherwise, it is a very holiday-sweet kind of scent.

Wet: Still primarily a clove scent (reminds me of pomanders, actually!), but hey, the hay shows up! That particular soft, golden, dried-grasses scent plays wonderfully with the clove, taking it out of the kitchen and into the field.

Dry: A warm, golden, slightly spiced scent. If I didn't know better, I would call this amber instead of hay.

Clove with a touch of hay. Warm, golden, clove. Good throw and wear length.

Great for those of you looking for a clove SN.

This is a sweet, slightly sweetgrassy clove.  It isn't fiery.  It's sweet, soft (for clove), and comforting.