Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the decant: Salt, assorted fresh/aquatic notes, and something weirdly warm that is vaguely like corn chips? Once on: The corn chips go away (phew), and the salt amps up. I'm having a hard time picking out specific notes other than the salt, but they're clean, fresh, and slightly minerally. Once the weird corn chip note goes away, there's very little morphing -- just salty freshness. Very much a unisex scent, and I could see this being great in hot weather. Medium throw, and there's been very little fading after six hours of wear. Bottle purchase for sure. 

This is the soft salt I love, like from Salt Phoenix. Salty, but with a light cleanness. There's something soft and minerally behind it that makes me think of sand. Fresh and soothing, makes my my mind feel at ease. 

This is really lovely and unique! At first, it's just a nice strong ambergris, which may be where some folks' skin chemistry brings out a ghost of corn chips, but it settles down into a fresh, salty, sandy scent that doesn't separate into individual notes. It's aquatic but sunny, clean but strangely earthy, like opposites joined so smoothly they form something new and strangely comforting.

I've only visited the desert once, and it was in the winter, but this scent definitely makes me think of warm sand and golden sunshine, and an aquatic saltiness without the "aqua" part. 

Salty salt-land salt. The rest of the blend smells like ambergris and -- yes! -- warm corn chips.

(I mean, this kinda reminds me of golden retriever feet? Because they always smell like corn chips? I don't know why...)

The intense salt and ambergris, though, remind me of the briney scent of the Jersey shore when the tide is out. There's even something a little kelpy or mineral here, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it because it's true to the mental image.

Salt isn't my bag of chips, but salt lovers should check this out.

Salt, ambergris, and the ghost of popcorn (or is it corn chips). This a salt/ambergris blend that makes me think of salt in an ancient mineral sea that is no longer a sea but a giant ass desert. 

And its also making me crave chips.

For all of your salt cravings, this phoenix is for you.

Halite Phoenix has that chewy salt note that I love from blends like Aegir without any troublesome aquatic notes that turn to detergent on me.  Salt, sand, sun.  It doesn't morph much on me and has decent wear length.  Probably good for layering, but I like it all by itself. 

Corn chips for a long time then turns into a clean musk, salty, cottony, floraly, mineraly scent. 

I'm getting buttery salt water taffy without the sugar. Like rolling up a handful of freshly dug beach salt and mixing it with cream and crystals. Very much like sniffing a star I think, if a star were a giant sparkling salty rock you dug from silver mud. I'm a geology nerd in the worst sort of way so all of these make me dream. Brava!!!!

In the Bottle:
Salty musk.  I get the corn chip vibe but after a couple of weeks this is less noticeable.

On the Skin:
Surprisingly warm and very salty.  Somewhat savoury.

On the Drydown:
This remains warm and toasted, intensely salty and delightful. 

I get the same thing everyone else does, but I will add that this to my nose is a very modern masculine blend, something in the realm of Cool Water or Acqua di Gio (not that it smells like either of those, but definitely in the bold aquatic category). Funny that almost all the Phoenixes read masculine to my nose.

I also got a salty corn chip vibe from Halite Phoenix at first, but it quickly left corn chip territory and settled into a salty clean scent. I wouldn't say it is an aquatic in the traditional sense  -- I don't get the rain note with the salt like in Lavender, Sea Salt, and Rain, and I'm also not getting any of the soapy notes that I get from most of the Lab's aquatic scents. 

It was nice to get to try this, but it is not something I could see myself wearing when I have Lavender, Sea Salt, and Rain for a salty scent.