Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This scent is set against the backdrop of a winter sky. It is a perfume that seeks to harness the wit and raw potential of Hermes, the wisdom and power of Athena, and the authority and sovereignty of Zeus – tempered by Amalthea’s compassion and mercy, propelled by the self-discipline, willpower, and determination of the Chariot. 

Starry white vegetal musk and a cold winter wind blowing through olive blossom, sweet labdanum, fossilized amber resin, fir needle, fern, balm melissa, champaca, cypress, and white cedar.

The starry white vegetal musk isn't the usual white musk note that you'd expect from the Lab, and it's the star here throughout wear. This is really well-blended, and it's difficult to pick the notes out, but I will say that the white vegetal musk and chilly (but not minty!) wind notes are the main players at first, with a bit of fir in the background. It's a bright scent, with the balm melissa adding a bright lemony aspect that is also very prominent throughout wear. Although I was worried about the champaca, it's actually pretty tame here, just contributing a bit of warmth in the background.

I was kind of hoping the fir, cypress, and white cedar notes would be more prominent, but it just arrived yesterday, so perhaps that will change with age. In any case, I do think it fits with the winter sky theme. It's not a love right now, but I am going to hold on to it for a bit to see how it ages.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This one smells like a masculine fougere. I get musk, amber resin, notes of champaca, herbs, and woods. It's definitely not just a perfume, if you ask me. I get a ton of throw from this in the first two or three hours, and it goes from a fresh green to a more woodsy green as it dries.

This one smells cool and resinous to me at first, then the fir notes start to emerge, giving me the impression of a winter forest under starlight. 

I get the amber, the cool musk, the fir notes, and perhaps the balm melissa?  There's a lemony edge and something tinging on minty in the blend. The olive blossom emerges later in the dry down. I don't get much cedar, a problematic note for me, or champaca. 

It's a pretty and unusual blend to be sure, a mix of serene forest and airy incense.