Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Forget Me Not

Roses, sandalwood and a whiff of rice powder. This one smells like an old timey perfume. Nostalgic, roses, and silver leaf mirrors. Medium throw and wear length.

It never fails with rice powder,  I smell like rose scented rice from Uncle Ben's. The rice even smells buttery FFS. :eek: I can't win. But at least I smell like fancy rice. :lol:

On my skin, this scent is mostly dried rose petals. I get a very faint whiff of sweet rice (think rice candy) in the background with hardly any sandalwood- it basically just smells like a very fancy rose perfume. There's also another salty/buttery scent in the background. I really like it, though. It reminds me of the salty "tear" scent of The Spirit Bridegroom, though the roses of that scent smelled "fresher" than the dried roses here. 

They are similar enough that I wouldn't recommend buying both unless you are an indiscriminate hoarder of rose scents like me.

The two most prominent notes on me are the rice powder and dried rose. It's a famine, warm powder scent with a bit of dry woodiness from the sandalwood. Reminds me a bit of Little Wooden Doll, but like a vintage ladies' powder. 

I'm in love with Forget Me Not right now. The dried rose is balanced by the rice powder and grounded by the sandalwood. I am impressed by how smooth this smells...like a pressed powder. There's a semi bitter aspect to the scent that adds even more beauty and definition to it. Love it.

This fragrance opens with an intensely nutty note; a woody, toasty/starchy extravagance of hazelnuts, mounded by decadent hands no stranger to excess, perilously piled inside a faceted garnet goblet and spilling over its vivid brim. A single rose blooms on an ornate table nearby, its aroma startling, dewy, and pure in contrast to the dry, powdery salt and crunch of the noisettes.