Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Fairyboy

Looking for a bpal that embodies beeswax

Hello! This is my first topic question so sorry if I'm not doing it right! I was wondering if anyone had found a bpal that seemed to embody beeswax. I adore beeswax as it was a big part of my childhood and would love to find a bpal perfume that captured it :) I know Beth is a master at these creations so I thought maybe she'd have one. Again sorry if I'm not doing this correctly! I tried searching beeswax in the bpal search bar but nothing really came up. 

You’d probably love The Lights of Men’s Lives! It’s a general catalogue scent, so available all year round, and super waxy yummy.:yum:

I know there are bottles of it for sale here on the forum, too. 

There's a scent in the current Halloween section, called Wax Cylinders, with this description: "Polished mahogany, soft leather, and gold-molded wax".  I'm not sure if it's actually a beeswax note but I have a bottle on the way.  I'll try to remember to report back.

I used to work in the bulk herbs section of a health food store, so I'm somewhat familiar with the scent of beeswax.  : )

Chanukkiyah (Yule 2013): Olive oil, beeswax, glowing amber, sweet sufganiyot, pomegranate, and fig. My notes say "finishes as warm beeswax."

Democrat (Election 2008): Beeswax and spices

Al-Azif (A Picnic in Arkham) turns into a lovely beeswax on me despite the description.

Honey and Absinthe (Lupercalia 2019, The Honey Pot) is more beeswax than honey on me, and I never got any absinthe out of it.

10 hours ago, theredkilt said:

This Wan White Humming Hive

The Writing on the Slate

These two!! They both have beeswax specifically and have that deep warm honey note that The Lights of Men's Lives doesn't have (at least for me, even though it is a good wax scent). 

11 hours ago, theredkilt said:

This Wan White Humming Hive

This is an excellent beeswax scent!

Someone beat me to Lights of Men's Lives, and here are a few more that don't say it in the description but smell besswaxy to me:

Against Idleness and Mischief: beeswax and papery?

Rogue: beeswax sexed up (I think it's the rosin note)

Cicuta: I think there's some beeswax helping make the candle smoke note. If you like rose, try it out.

Hanerot Halelu - when the Yules come out.  You might also look out for Eusapia if you are open to florals.  Both fragrances have shown up in multiple Yule drops, so they shouldn't be too hard to come by. 

The Gambols of Ghosts was a 2016 Weenie that had a pale, luminescent, candle-wax scent.  No vanilla.  Also, the Witch's Kitchen.  These two might be a bit more rare, but you never know, and they are both lovely.

It seems like the "Evening With the Spirits" line tends to have a lot of candlewax/beeswax notes.  They are included w/the Yule drop.  

Lastly - if you want something less wearable but more atmospheric - Dusty Accumulated Menorah Wax.  It's a Yule single note.  

On 11/4/2019 at 9:40 AM, VetchVesper said:

Hanerot Halelu - when the Yules come out.  

Seconded.  I love beeswax, and it's the most beeswaxy beeswax BPAL I've ever tried.

21 minutes ago, yewberry said:

Seconded.  I love beeswax, and it's the most beeswaxy beeswax BPAL I've ever tried.

I get no beeswax, only some bright fruity floral

6 hours ago, theredkilt said:

I get no beeswax, only some bright fruity floral

I get the fruitiness too, which surprised me. I guess it is from the olive?  But the beeswax just makes the whole thing glow for me. 

On 11/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, forspecial_plate said:

Note the description for the new Yule scent, V'al HaNissim: "beeswax glowing softly amber".  So beeswax single note?  Or beeswax plus amber maybe.  I'm interested in how this will smell!

This is the most beewaxy scent I've sniffed yet.  It smells like sniffing a beeswax candle or Burt's Bees honey lip balm.  It's super good. 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Flickering Lantern. Beeswax, soft purple rose and smokey incense.

It's a Luper from a few years ago.

Edited by Larinessa

Dusty Accumulated Menorah Wax

Bunraku Theater 

Hanarot Halalu (original if you can find one)

Day of the Skulls '17 

Blossoms in Springtime 

Quintessence of Dust from the OLLA series 

Defututa and No. 93 Engine from the general catalog available as imps

Half Elf has a hint of it and also GC but wait for the dry down 

Definitely agree with the recommendations for Candles Moon, Val Hanissam and Lights of Men's Lives (this last one also GC and imps available)

Edited by sprout
Added stuff