Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lucy’s Room Home & Linen Spray

This is my favorite atmo of ALL TIME, usurping the throne from Young Edith's Bedroom by virtue of reminding me very much of that one + Edith Awakes in the sense of being white floral lace + beautiful beeswaxy honey notes, but also possessing a distinctive rose note.  I don't think I pick up on bloodstains either in this or Edith Awakes, unless it's in a faintly coppery tang I only get if i spray it on clothes and press it to my face, but i can get "pale cologne" if I'm looking for it.

Overall a beautiful, beautiful gothic room scent that I want my bed to smell like always.  

To anyone opposed to it, there is a "clean" note to this when you first spray it that I suspect is the lily, but it doesn't linger.

this is a slightly resiny vanilla rose scent...i smell mostly lace, rose water and a hint of opium.  when i sniff the decant, i smell lavender strangely, but not when i spray it. not sure why i am smelling that. maybe it's the 'pale cologne'? i think the other notes are there but primarily i'd say this is a rose and lace scent. it has a vintage feel like dried roses. very pretty!

Happy Wolf Moon, everyone! :wave: I am happy to announce this is a very nice sweet girlfriend to Lycan Lace, without the tobacco and earth notes. It for sure is reminiscent of a lace blend. It is sweet, light, fresh, floral, powdery, and feminine in a vintage sort of way, but this never ever smells like an old cologne, just charming and pretty. I could see Lucy's room smelling like this (minus the garlic strands, of course).

The honey note is either nonexistent or very well blended, which is a good thing for me, so I will be lurking the Trading Post to see if this becomes a perfume oil. 

Overall very happy with this and thank you to the above reviewers. I get the lavender in the bottle thing too, but not once it is sprayed. I highly recommend this for fans of ...maybe Tattered Lace and Antique Lace, but it is still very different from them, lighter and more powdery floral. Maybe Lullaby fans. -sniffs- yes, closer to Lullaby with less lavender, maybe a dried rosey cousin, or a sister to Veil, but this really is its own scent. :heart:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Deeply elegant, this transports me into a dark, lily-lined chamber heavy with swinging censers and torn lace. Utterly beautiful and sophisticated, it gives my shabby living room a lux tone, with gothic shadows and black bats. None of the florals dominate here, the rose is so very deep and pitched with purple opium, while the lily adds decaying spice. Something about this makes me feel like i'm within a vampire costume shop, velvet curtains and capes all around, rich with long forgotten cologne and blood stains. Part of my wants to tuck this away, so I have plenty left for next fall, but when I spray this all around, it makes everything enchanted and filled with romantic gloom. The best atmos are tranformative and Lucy's Room takes me directly to Dracula's castle, I can practically hear Lucy hissing in my ear. LOVE :heart:

Edited by Jenjin

The florals in this are sugary and tempered by the presence of gentle, dusty incense.  It's a well balanced fragrance that is both romantic and unobtrusive, the type of thing I could happily spritz on my sheets without being overwhelmed when I try to sleep.  I don't really get cologne.  The lily is more pronounced than the rose, but both are present.  However, the other notes make me label this more as an incense sort of blend than a floral.  

Lucy's Room is elegant and very feminine, yet understated.  The kind of scent that would waft seductively from a beautiful maiden's chamber, barely discernable as she innocently beguiles you into coming closer -- closer -- till she's just within reach of your neck.  :vamp:...:kiss: Glad I purchased a bottle.