Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Devils of the Pit Hair Gloss

The leather and patchouli in this meld together to give off an impression of wonderful black patchouli, which sort of smells like damp, black, forest soil to me, but not that straightforward and dirty, because it still has that rich, perfumed character of patchouli.  There's a ton of honey in this, and it smells like rich, creamy, sweet, wildflower honey.  I sprayed this through my hair and immediately thought "Taurus hair gloss!"  Natural smelling, earthy gourmands often feel very Taurus appropriate to me (a Taurus, of course).  I also love sweetened earthy blends in general and this reminds me of bpal's Wildflower Honey & Patchouli, Possets' Sex Juice, and Poesie's Honey Honey and Wild.  I'm glad the leather doesn't come through strongly for me.

I use the hair glosses sometimes as a hair treatment and then wash my hair like normal, which usually washes away the fragrance, but I noticed after my shower yesterday, my hair still smelled delightfully of honey and a hint of patchouli, so this stuff is strong.  I probably need a couple more of these before they leave the site.  If you like honey & patchouli at all, I highly recommend this one.

hmm i don't know what to make of this, haha. at first i was unsure whether i liked it, it was a bit brittle and strange...i think the patchouli started a bit sour on me. after about 10 minutes there's more honey and leather which are really the notes i was after the most. it seems like there is something else in there, maybe it's the type of honey? i'm not sure. the patchouli seems to subside pretty fast on me and the honey and leather dominates. overall i think i like it but it's not a total love as i guess i was hoping for more leather and a more beeswax-y honey, whereas this honey seems more floral and sweet to me. 

Devils reminds me of Eldritch Dark but black instead of red. It's smoky, sexy, creamy. All my favorite things. The honey does veer sweet and slightly floral, but the gritty leather and patchouli balance it beautifully. I'm not a honey lover at all and I like this one quite a bit. 

Santa left this for me this year 😃. Unfortunately, the sharpness of the leather note drowns out everything else and my hair smells too much like "new car smell" and I couldn't wait to wash it out. If you like leather get this. Apparently I do not 😔 which is a bummer because i love the name and the bottle art!

I'm going to sneak off now and buy myself some Pumpkin Spice Silkybat HG to replace it 😍 (shhhhh don't tell Santa)

When first sprayed "ummm...that kinda stinks". Couple minutes in and it all melds together beautifully. Honestly the leather doesn't read as leather to me , but rather enhances/alters the patchouli to make a different version of patchouli for me. The honey is that floral honey like snakes kiss (no this does not smell like snakes kiss, but only comparison I have) rather than the sickly animalic honey I sometimes get from other blends. All together it's dark, sinister and sensual. Me likes.

Edited by mizliz2176

This smells like a dark, spicy raw honey to me and I couldn’t be happier. Leather, honey, and patchouli are scents that play very well with my skin chemistry in oils, and that’s true of this hair gloss as well. Medium throw — mostly enough to catch as I move around — but gosh it is gorgeous.

Leather, and creamy beeswax honey and a whiff of patchouli. So both honey and leather fight for dominance (and I swear this reminds me to either a honey blend or leather one before that BPAL has put out and the name is just eluding me at the moment). It settles into a honeyed leather blend. Strong, sexy, defiant. Wear with your best dom outfit.

I love patchouli, and I barely get any here, it's all leather and honey. I was hoping for more patchouli, but I have to say this has really grown on me! It's smooth, and dark, and makes me feel sexy and powerful when I wear it. 

This is my favorite HG I own, and I have been grabbing this at every time of year. It’s so perfect! The throw is pretty strong, it lasts and sometimes I can smell it even after I wash my hair! 

I purchased this as a decant in the bottle and loved everything about it that I immediately bought a bottle and now I fear that will not be enough even with what I have to rotate through. I just keep coming back to it!

As for the actual notes, the leather is really what makes this just SO sexy and sultry. It’s got just enough sweetness and earthiness to balance out the leather for me, since it’s not usually a note I seek out in general. All of the honey notes from the Lab I’ve tried are great on me but this one is just, unf.... amazing. 

Gorgeous artwork on the bottle too!

10/10