Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Spice Silkybat Hair Gloss

Pumpkin Spice Silkybat - WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! The Silkybat is fully present over the pumpkin spice, making it another wonderful Silkybat variant.  Just enough spice not to overwhelm. This will be my Thanksgiving scent.

I honestly didn't know what to expect since I've never smelled the original Silkybat. But this is very much sweet patchouli and autumn spices. It kinda smells like caramel. It has a great gourmand feel to it, while still having that sexy, visceral patchouli going on.

I too have never smelled the original Silkybat but thought sugared patchouli sounded like a nice complement to pumpkin spices. As it turns out, there was too much earthy patch here to work well in my hair. It did smell a bit dirty to me, but one person's dirt is another person's perfection. A medium amount of pumpkin spice, it definitely didn't drown out the patchouli at ALL! :D 

Another who has not tried the original Silkybat- but this is an absolutely beautiful sweet patch. It's very smooth, and the spices are not overpowering it.  I see this pairing beautifully with a number of scents.  

oh lovely! and pleasantly STRONG! 

I haven't tried silkybat either

and I wouldn't say I get "pumpkin spice" here, but it IS sugary and sweet with a very tame patchouli. it's pleasantly rich. 

really, the hubby and I can't place what it smells like, but we LOVE it haha

so, possibly not a helpful review, but one of the nice things abut hair gloss is that body chem doesn't screw with it, so it's worth trying (or wearing at certain times when body chem changes ;) )

I have a bottle of Silkybat, and I love it. I had to try this variation! 
It’s mostly the sugary patch of Silky, with a light dusting of pumpkin spice to Autumn-ize the original scent a bit. Pretty!
I honestly wouldn’t mind a bit more spice, yet can’t complain because I do love it as it is. 

It doesn’t have too much throw and seems to fade quickly, leaving a slightly sweet & comforting, yet unrecognizable whiff of scent. 
Hopefully, some aging will amp the throw & wear length. I only got a decant this time. I’d gladly add more to my collection, but should probably use what I have of my already large HG collection :lol:

(Side note: haven't tried OG Silkybat.)

Sweet, raw patchouli and pumpkin spice. The pumpkin spice is way stronger upon first spray than the sugared patchouli. (After it dries in the hair, it all evens out pretty well.)

I feel like it stays pretty true to scent description in my hair. That being said, it's not a combination I'm crazy about and will likely give my decant away.

Pumpkin spice and that sugared patchouli that everyone loves. It's definitely a more Weenie Silkybat. I get fall pumpkin spices (cinnamon, clove, allspice) and sugared patchouli. Spooky.