Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Black Amber, and Woodmoss Hair Gloss

Tested this one at Lunacy. Dark and resinous. I personally sometimes perceive mossy scents as earth and I did here. However, I really loved this scent And didn’t find the mossy/earthy note to be dirt or cold. I do not have any hair glosses like this one in my collection and wound up testing on my hair twice because I hadn’t known I needed one until now. I usually am not a fan of the dead leaves scents because I often find them to have a cologne type backdrop but I didn’t notice this with Dead Leaves, Black Amber, and Woodmoss. I think this is a perfect scent for when you need people to know You Can Not Be Trifled With. It has enough evil in it to scare all the Karen’s and Manager Haircut people away. I would not recommend this for job interviews for professions like psychologist or pre school teacher. :) 

Dark amber and hints of both dead leaves and moss. UGH, this is a gorgeous autumn amber scent. It's strong, powerful, and dark.

I wish I could describe the actual ingredients and how well they interact, but I don't know what DL or oak moss smell like.  This is a close, heavy, sweet-leaning, crunchy smell in my hair.  (I spray on the underside of long dry hair so body heat may affect my perception of the scent feeling weighty.)  There's a formality in this scent, a pokerfaced civil vibe.  Like missanneshirley said, this blend has a distinct personality.  Where I'd wear this:  grocery store and gym.  But seriously, five days out of seven I wear this.  

This one is a bit more airy and deeper green than I expected.

I'm getting that lovely woodmoss/oakmoss scent that I found in "Consoling Pussy of Horse Faced Mountain". It gives off that dark green fougere style scent. The amber in here is a subtle and resinous sweet scent and not overpowering. I can't handle too much amber/honey in my scents and this amber is deep but not overpowering. It's totally wearable for long periods of time. The dead leaves note is airy and dry without being dusty. I guess you could say this is the more "aquatic" dead leaves note. (personally, I don't consider DL to be aquatic at all)

This blend reminds me of the "Dead Leaves, Frankincense, Mossy Soil, Hemp" perfume oil from a previous year. This blend has the same airy and mossy feel but deeper and darker.

I've been hoarding my decant of this for two years! It's sublime. I get very little of the dead leaves note in this, it's mostly moss and amber. It's all warm, woodsy, smoky, resinous deliciousness. Perfect for fall.

Received a decant (is that what it's called with HG? it's much larger than a perfume decant but smaller than a FS hair gloss) in a swap. 

In the decant: I definitely get black amber and something that is woodsy and mossy. It's light on the dead leaves, which, since they often go to bell pepper on me, I don't mind. 

On my skin:

(Testing on skin as my hair does not love hair gloss. Also, it's 115 here, and my hair is kind of sweat-stinky, and I don't want it to bias my impressions.) 

Black amber, wood moss, slightly almost-smoky. Not like something is burning smoky, but like you walked into a room where someone had finished burning incense maybe an hour ago. 

I am super glad my skin is super dry because I am going to unapologetically wear this as a skin perfume until it's gone.