Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pomegranate Smoke Hair Gloss

A scent for in-between times and in-between spaces: blackened pomegranate, myrrh, opoponax, cypress, black oud, and 9-year aged patchouli.

Indeed.  Very close to what I smell inside my nose when faced with a period of delicious indecision. One moment in particular was staring at myself in a mirror practicing dia de los muertos makeup, an October evening in 2014. This was a strange in-between timeperiod for me- after my husband walked out on new years day. The mystery and magic had started to re-enter my life, that fall.  Though I scent synthesize my emotions, so sorry if this sounds weird.... But I smelled THIS. Smoky pomegranate incense with tinges of yearning, confusion, hope, complacency, contentedness, lonliness, and sexual empowerment.

This is an absolute winner! The pomegranate is nicely tart and I'm positively charmed by the cypress really shining through. If you're hesitant when it comes to oudh, this one hangs back quite a bit.

This one is amazing! The pomegranate and patchouli really come through for me and the black oud hangs back a bit. The cypress is a really lovely, I'm not sure hot to describe it? A shinning note? Regardless, it brings a lovely earthiness to this blend. The description is very accurate for "in between times" 

A fair bit of Pomegranate here. The other notes are smoky perfection. I’d wear this anytime. I haven’t smelled it in a while, but this reminds me a touch of Mme Moriarty. 

First spritz, the cypress was waaay too strong for me, and there was some astringent quality that I just was not having.

A few minutes later though... it TOTALLY transformed. Spot on, this smells like pomegranate smoke, or some kind of pomegranate incense.

It's lovely, and dare I say... sexy.

The cypress wasn't terribly apparent to me, I wouldn't have guessed if I didn't read the description. I agree, it's a sexy pomegranate. I can see the smoke in the title making it slightly darker (read: sexier), but as someone who is averse to smokiness, it doesn't have that quality. This is a definite winner.