Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sunset orange, a marigold-bright throb of light: sweet amber, ginger root, apricot, patchouli, red mandarin, chrysanthemum, and yam.

This is really bright and pretty. It smells like rich jewel toned fruits with bright sunny late summer flowers. The ginger adds the nicest kick, like a lovely autumn brunch cocktail. It’s a warm ginger, not candied. I could not smell the yam, but lots of orange, apricot and what I guess is chrysanthemum.  The patchouli was not dark, more fruity. I would have liked to slather it to see if the ginger was more dominant on the skin, but all I did was a dot at lunacy. Interested to see what those who slather find. 

In the decant: Thick, sweet amber, mandarin, and ginger. I think the patch might be giving it that thick quality, but it's not gnarly or dirty-smelling.

Once it's on: The amber and ginger take center stage, with the apricot and mandarin brightening things up. The ginger stays strong throughout. This is like a deeper, more complex version of Carnal -- bold, fruity, and spicy, with the amber grounding everything. Definitely evocative of shades of bright, autumnal orange. If you like ginger, definitely give this one a go. Medium-to-high throw. Not 100% sure if I need a full bottle, but definitely hanging onto my decant. 

This is a weird one! I was expecting spicy, but on me it's patchouli and mandarin only, and it's both sweet and quite sharp. I was hoping for more amber, ginger, and 'mum, but nope... 'Mum Moon remains the best mum scent on me. 

I get mandarin, apricot on amber, and sweetness. This is a warm, orange amber blend with notes of both mandarin and apricot. Sweet, fruity, amber. Good throw and wear length.

This was a little odd for me (which could be because I tested it when I barely let it rest a few hours).

Wet, it is warm and earthy and sweet, but I get a very, very strong fizz or champagne note from it, which almost smells like bubblegum to me. Possibly the ginger. I think I smell the ginger and amber most prominently, but that bubblegum-y aspect does of gives me a bit of a headache.

But luckily for me, as it dries down, it mellows out a bit. The champagne-y note is still there, but significantly less so. Towards the end of the dry-down, the patchouli, apricot, and I thiiiiink the amber, are the more prominent notes. 

I think the yam pokes out a bit as well - there's a sweet, earthy, kind of starchy smell that is really unique and interesting.  

It's an overall patchouli fragrance, warm and earthy, with a soft-and-fuzzy kind of sweetness. I thought I wasn't going to like it at first application, but it is already growing on me a lot! :D

Edited by AirimirOfGondor

Orange! Each of the Fall of the Leaf blends is their color dialed to 11.

I get lots of mandarin, ginger, and yam, hints of apricot and chrysanthemum. 

Unfortunately, the yam smells like mushy-warm, cooked yam and it's making me gag, as yams do.

I cannot yam.

It's all about the ginger spicy root. It's a zingy (not juicy) ginger disguised in citrus and apricot. It reminds me of a dried ginger root-citrus tea sachet. The blend has a dry quality about it.

This one confused me in the bottle. A strong ginger zing immediately halted by dark, rooty, vegetalness. On my skin the other notes come out to bridge the space between them. The apricot is very prominent, and I think the mandarin follows it closely. Their round sweetness really compliment the ginger and help it harmonize with the vegetal patch and yam. I think I'd like this best as an atmosphere spray, it's cheery and homey. 

Another slightly skin-tingling ginger. Bright throbbing orange is a very apt description for this blend. A triumphant major chord across two octaves, with the ginger/mandarin in the top range through the apricot/amber down to the patchouli and earthy yam. It's bright and warm with lovely balance, and stays close to the skin.