Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the decant and on first applying, this is strong cedar and fig -- the strong evergreen note I'm getting from the cedar almost makes this seem like a winter scent at first. As it dries down, the honey, oakmoss, and tobacco notes get a lot more prominent, overtaking the cedar and giving the scent an almost powdery character. After some time, the cedar is mostly hanging out in the background, giving a subtle woodsy undertone to what's mainly a soft fig & honey scent. I'm reminded a little bit of Lilium Inter Spinas. 

Testing blind, I was mystified and enchanted by Songs of Autumn VII.  It was green, outdoorsy, with a dry sweetness, but I couldn't come up with the notes.  It's not a sweet, ripe fig note.  It's not a woodchippy cedar or a drippy golden honey or the fizzy labdanum so prominent in last year's Weenies.  It is brilliant sunlight on a crisp autumn day, the chill in the air, those poor figs that never ripened still hanging on their branches.  Once I read the note list, I could find the tobacco, the pale dry honey, and the other notes, but they blend together seamlessly.  I'm going to try this again in about a month to see how it is settling and if I need a bottle.  

This was quite pretty.

I got mainly a very green fig -- not a ripe, brown sort at all -- and cedar. Hints of oakmoss and blended other notes. A fresh early autumn scent, when there's still a lot of green in the woods. Outdoorsy, a bit airy, and sweet.

Green fig, moss, and honey. Honestly, I sort of love how fruity, soft, and harvesty this is. Low throw, medium wear length.

Soft, green and figgy just at first, the sweeter woodsy notes come out during the drydown. I am in my second year of growing figs in my backyard, and finally they have fruited. This is very much like smelling my little plump figs. Hints of harvest day, walking through a wooded outdoor market filled with winter squashes, melons and fruits. I love the gentle sweetness from the sugary honey, mixed with evergreens and mosses. Delicately beautiful, this is another unexpected gem I am so glad I got to try.

In the bottle i can smell the ripe fig fruit, which delighted me enormously. On my skin i sense something green and woodsy creeping up, but the fig still is the star of the show blending in with the honey and staying that way most of the time. In the end, i mostly get fresh sweet ripe fig against a bed of greenness, probably oak moss and cedar (???).