Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A harvest scent, bright and hopeful: hay and honey, apricot rind, white amber, apple peel, chrysanthemums, and oak.

In the decant: Apple and honey, with something giving it a slight spiciness -- not sure which of the other notes to attribute this to. Bright, cheerful, a traditionally "fall" smell. After applying, the apricot and oak notes come out more and really make this scent stand out -- the apricot blends really well with the apple and honey, and the oak gives it depth and grounding that takes it beyond "autumnal candle scent" territory. Throughout, the overall impression is sweet fall fruits with a woodsy base; it's very reminiscent of bright, sunny, early autumn days. Considering a bottle purchase for this one.

This was the big hopeful for me this year. :)

I'm not 100% sure if it will be a regular-use fragrance for me, but it is very nice! :D

It's a lighter, fresher, warm-and-sunny feeling kind of fall fragrance - the kind that evokes picnics and hay rides and playing in leaves.

It is brightly golden and sweet, the apricot and apple are tied for the strongest notes to my nose. The honey is a close second.

As it dries down, the oak adds a subtle, dry grounded quality. I think the apricot and honey stand out a little more as well, which mayyyybe makes it a little too sweet for me (though I haven't decided!). It is a little syrupy, but still countered by the oak (and hay, I suppose).

I can't really pinpoint the chrysasthemum and amber, but when it has fully dried on my skin it is a bright, sweet, lightly woody fragrance. The syrupy note does linger, and is wierdly bittersweet, but it does blend very nicey. :)

Edited by AirimirOfGondor

I had some hopes for this one (hay, chrysanthemums, oak? yes, please!), but it was a chemistry fail for me.

I got mainly a pulpy, overripe-to-rotten apple-apricot mush on my skin. Like the mushy bottom of an old fruit bin.

I'm already spending too much, so I'll call this a relief. 😎

Mums, oaks, and a whiff of amber. Mums on me tend to be very bitter, and the oak just accentuates it. So I have a bitter mum on my skin. It smells orange, and bitter. Great throw and wear length.

This has totally failed on my skin. I think the apple peel turned into nail polish remover and effed up everything. It's a dry sour hay blend. Reminds me of fermenting apple cider without fizz. 

Apple is most prominent on wet, with a little of the honeyed apricot right behind it. I wouldn't have said apple peel without looking at the notes, but the apple note is a bit less juicy and fruity than it is elsewhere. As it dries the notes balance a little more and I get some of the oak and mums, a little woody and bitter.

Pleasant and autumnal, and not overly sweet.

When I first got this, it smelled like rotten apples in the bottle and when I first put it on. Then it  settled into a pleasantly sweet, warm smell grounded by the earthy hay and oak with a hint of spices. But I couldn't get past that initial rotten apple smell.

BUT I tried it again now that it's been a few months and I love it so much! It doesn't have that rotten smell anymore (when I put it on anyway, still kind of does in the bottle) and is instead bright and sweet and has become a bit creamier? I think because the amber is coming out more and playing with the honey. Apricot and apple are still the strongest but blend so smoothly with honey and what I think is the amber and oak that ground it. I'm not familiar enough with chrysanthemum to know if it shows up. It is definitely still a fall scent, but Ill probably wear it in the spring, too, because of the apricot and slight creaminess. I smile every time I smell it. Bottom line, after trying it again I bought more. 

Edited by deadlyves