Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Inspired by the terrifying red skies in the Jambi province caused by smoke haze caused by rampant slash-and-burn: red musk, burning leaves, palm oil, soot, and woodsmoke.

This was a bright red musk with ashes. You know, I really don't know why I expected anything else.

The ashes aren't vetiver-y or especially charred smelling, the red musk is more cheerful than you'd expect for a scent about large portions of the world being on fire. I can also detect some leaves, maybe. This really reminds me of the Yule Krampus' Shadow, except that one has patchouli that drags it down somewhat.

Edited by patina

Red musk is a one-way train to Hell on my skin. I was dumb and tried this on anyway.

After I ran to the sink to wash it off, I tried to process what just happened.

Red musk, red musk spice, and smoke.

This is one for red musk lovers.

Smoky red musk and burning leaves. This smells like LIT fire red musk. Like there's something literally on fire right now on a chemical component way. But it doesn't burn? But it is on fire. My primate brain is receiving some very mixed messages here. Also its kinda sexy, because red musk is that way. So, if you ever envisioned having sex with fire, this may be for you. Good throw and wear length.

This is totally the hidden gem of the Weenies. This is what red musk would smell like if it was playing dress up in black musk's trunk, trying on Streets of Detroit and twirling in it, plopping Jiaolong's hat on its head and adjusting it at a jaunty angle, playing with its No. 93 Engine and staring out the window at the giant Smokestack in the distance. Red musk tends to be a very distinctive note, but here, it is shrouded in all the mystery and shadow of its black musk cousin. I don't smell burning leaves or actual fire elements here, but it is quite dark and murky, smoothly blended like Pumpkin Musk and Black Oud was in the 2018 Weenies.

The notes may sound scary in this Song, but believe it or not, they come together in an appealing, even (dare I say) sexy way. If Streets of Detroit was your jam, and you don't have any objection to red musk in general, I dare you to try this one and see how it goes. Something that should be gritty and offputting is somehow incredibly intoxicating, and I'd hate for anybody to miss out on that experience.