Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Balsam, Olibanum, and Tonka Bean

This was the scent I chose based on instinct and the notes. I was not disappointed. Wet: It all smells like the tonka, olibanum and the damn dead leaf/cologne note are fighting for supremacy.   Dry: These notes blend beautifully. The olibanum is not heavy, the tonka keeps it sweet and the leaf note behaves. I am going to age b/c I know it will be fantastic in a few months!!! :joy:

Edited by Dark Alice

This is fantastic.  I have been in the mood for a "robe and slippers" kind of cozy scent and this might be it.  I can pick out the tonka and leaves but overall it gives me a tobacco impression, even though I know there's no tobacco.  It's a little earthy, but also cozy and a touch sweet.  And it seems to be the perfect "volume" or whatever you call that - sillage or throw I guess?  It's not too strong, but just strong enough.  I wore it to a work meeting and didn't have any worries that my scent was too strong (something I worry about sometimes).

Tonka, balsam, and a whiff of dead leaves. Way more gender neutral, and may be more aggressive than I expected. This is like a refined Dead Leaves. Sort of the same way single malt scotch is a refined scotch. Fancy. Medium throw and wear length.

This is a really lovely dead leaves blend. It’s primarily the DL warmed by tonka to my nose, yet I know the balsam and olibanum are making it more upscale. Definitely one to share with your mister, ladies. I feel like I should go out and have that scotch mentioned above, yet keep it relaxed in a robe (probably a embroidered silk one), also mentioned above. 
It’s stronger than I was expecting, yet not overbearing. I want to hug myself. *hugs*