Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dead Leaves and Chai- sweet dead leaves, slightly damp in the pile, and no tea. I can tell that the chai has softened the leaves note though. Keeper because I love the dead leaves scents. This one doesn't seem like the cologne version of the leaves note, either.

Crunchy gorgeous leaves, one of my favorite scents from the lab. A creaminess emerges and an almost orange tinge, that I’m now thinking is clove. I can imagine a black tea note in the drydown. It is sweet and smooth. The leaves take a background role and I’m feeling so cozy. 

I feared there here would be an overwhelming spice 💥, yet this spice is so gentle. I feel the scent will deepen and show more layers with age, and am pleased I jumped for a blind bottle. 

Edited by artisjok

Upon opening the bottle, this is all dampened and faded leaves -- oak, maple, linden, beech. Upon first application unfolds deep damp soil and layers of fallen dead leaves mixed with what reads as a bold black tea, cardamon, cinnamon, and a good spike of clove. Smells EXACTLY like chai sipped while sitting under my beautiful autumn golden maple in November, as branches become bare and the ground around it turns brown and gold. Cozy and crisp at the same time, deeply comforting and redolent of the very essence of late autumn. 

In the decant: Strong, wet dead leaves, with a bit of spice in the background. The spices amp up immediately, blending in surprising ways with the dead leaves. Unfortunately, my skin seems to eat up the spice notes on the drydown, leaving me with a faint whiff of dead leaves and black tea. The drydown stage is much drier and softer than the strong, wet, cologne-like DL that I get in the decant, and makes for a low-key autumnal scent. I probably don't need a full bottle of this, but will keep testing my decant (I'm curious how the spice notes work differently in a scent locket vs. on my skin).

I get the leaf notes while wet, then the spices come out as it dries. This isn't at all sweet on me--it's spicy and a bit chilly (the "dead leaves" notes read as "cologne" on me, but not in a bad way). I wish the layers of notes blended a bit better on me, as I get leaves then chai rather than leaves + chai. I like it, but a decant is enough; I think sweet sexy Bengal is still my ideal spice BPAL. 

Dead Leaves and Chai is all dead leaves at first and then the chai spices gradually emerge to warm them up.  I don't really get tea, but that's not surprising as my skin tends to devour the tea note.  This is a lovely blend of comfort notes:  autumn leaves, cardamom, gentle cinnamon, clove, maybe a kick of black pepper (another note my skin eats up).  Longevity isn't great on me, so I'll be happy with my decant, but aging may help with that too.  

Dead Leaves, Clove and a whiff of cinnamon and black pepper. This smells mainly like a DL + Clove blend on me. Good throw and wear length.

In the bottle I get a very soft, not so chilly dead leaves and a hint of sweet spices. Fresh on my skin I get lots of a softly sweet spiced tea and just a tiny bit of the crisp, decaying leaves. I want to say I get a bit of milkiness too but I'm probably imagining that in, so strong is the chai element on me. This one is soft in its overall effect, but I really like that it is more subtle. I can easily imagining wearing this on early autumn strolls. 

Wet: I'm touched by how dead on the dead leaf note is: this is truly slightly wet dead orange and red leaves.

Dry:  I don't think the tea note in this had a chance on my skin. The leaf notes are gone and the spice notes are not only literally warming the skin but surprisingly manly.  I could wear this but I think it would be far more intriguing on a guy.