Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Nutmeg, Sweet Vetiver, and Virginia Cedar

In the decant, I mainly just get the Lab's dead leaf note. Once it's on, the cedar and vetiver come out and play remarkably well with the dead leaf note. The nutmeg's in the background, giving a subtle spicy-sweetness to the scent. If you're curious about the dead leaf scents but are scared off by the "cologne-y" descriptions, this is potentially a good one to try -- here, the DL note blends with the cedar and vetiver to produce something smooth, dry, and woodsy, without the cologne-y bite you can sometimes get from the DL note. This one lasts long on me, but stays very close to the skin -- a plus if you want something subtle. I'd also say the vibe on this one is very unisex. I need to test this a few more times before I decide if I need a 5ml, but I'm glad I snagged a decant.

Nutmeg, dead leaves, whiff of cedar and vetiver. Honestly, I'm getting a ton of nutmeg. It actually makes me think of coffee? No idea. Good throw and wear length.

Dead leaves and bright cedar when wet, a striking and lovely combination.  As it began to dry down, the vetiver came more into evidence, the same beautiful sweet vetiver as in last year's Two Sheep and Two Goats.  Unlike z_z, I got no nutmeg at all.  The late drydown -- and this lasted hours -- was all sweet vetiver, subtly dark and smoky.  The decant is a keeper, and I'll make sure to test it again before weenies come down to see if the nutmeg ever shows up on my skin.  

When I tried it fresh from the mail I wasn't impressed by this one. Everything I remember smelling was a perfumey note that was kinda watered down.

I tried it again a few weeks ago and let me tell you I was wrong. I mean it still has a perfumey edge to it but it's mainly a grounded natural fragrance. Unusual, unisex and pretty. I think it's the aging that made it work for me.