Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Surprisingly clean, like a golden, gleaming, metallic cologne scent, with a creamy, honeyed sweetness from the wax.  The leather and woods are subtle, but noticeable, and sort of swirl together with that clean cologne and creamy sweetness to make this an excellent 'clean man with an edge' type of scent.  It's a department store men's cologne scent, but better, because it's not overly musky or sweetly citrusy or cheap smelling.  I kind of imagine every noble fairy tale knight smelling like this before battle.  It's wholesome and clean, and covered in gleaming metal, but also knows how to fight.  It also reminds me a little of Sara Pezzini, but I like this more, and this isn't as honeyed or sweet.  Zesty, clean, lightly sweet, but with dark elements.

I was worried that this would smell like a dozen leather fragrances that I already know, but I was pleasantly surprised by this blend.  I love wearing fragrances that smell more traditionally masculine or conjure up a male persona to me, because I like pushing all of those gender boundaries.  

Bottle sniff was leathery and wax and I thought this would wind up being very leather dominant, but on skin it blooms. I felt like it had the Golden quality of El Dorado, but with the warmth of leather added in. I almost bought a bottle of this at lunacy after skin testing, because it was so very very pretty on my skin and I love scents that have that glowing quality, but, it disappeared completely and I couldn’t detect anything on my wrist forty five minutes later. Not sure if this is me, or, if it’s one that needs to age, but I have no patience to age scents so I passed. 

Wax Cylinders is bright and creamy, like a candle in a gleaming brass holder, next to a chilly window. The term “dapper” comes to mind. The mahogany’s polish and the gold is a gorgeous, almost citrusy, cologne. The beeswax elevates it more and brings a lovely warmth. 

I bought a half bottle primarily for the leather + beeswax, knowing mahogany rarely has much of an appearance for me and loving leather. I get very little leather though, which is disappointing for my expectations, yet the experience is quite lovely! I feel like I’ll wear this scent when I want to feel polished myself. It does seem to fade quickly. Hope age will increase the wear time... 

Softly golden, half-melted candle wax and polished mahogany, with a hint of leather. 

This smelled like the golden glow of flickering cream-colored candles in a wood-paneled study. Classy and soothing. 

This might not be a bottle for me, though, because it didn't last long on my skin.

Soft leather, polished mahogany and a drop of beeswax. It's a refined gentleman's leather blend. Well kept, shiny, leather. Medium throw and wear length.

this smells like  golden metallic woods. it smells shiny and gold, much different than i imagined. in the background i smell mostly wax and maybe some mahogany. i don't seem to get much leather. after awhile the metallic/aquatic note dies down a bit but it's still always there, giving this more of a traditionally masculine quality. it definitely calls to mind drippy candles in a golden candelabra, however the metallic note isn't for me...

Surprisingly perfumey on me; I don’t get the creamy notes others are mentioning and there is no warmth to it, rather this is all high-pitched on my skin.

Wax Cylinders is lovely and belongs to the beeswax/candle genre I enjoy, with Lights of Men's Lives, Hanerot Halalu, etc.  There's no smoke here, just subtly honeyed beeswax as the predominant note, with gentle leather and woods backing it up.  Elegant and gender neutral, this is a beautiful addition to this category.  Wear length is a little less than average but this one is worth reapplying.  

I was extremely surprised by this scent. From the description and first sniff out of the imp I didn’t think I would like this. I love it. On first application it smells very clean and almost aquatic with a hint of cream to add a touch of sweet. On dry down that aquatic smell fades down and I smell more of the beeswax and leather, but both are very light and subtle. The beeswax is more dominant out of the two. I don’t find this particularly masculine, but it’s not really traditionally feminine either. 

I agree with others about the metallic character.  Reminiscent of No. 93 Engine for me, but more classic men's cologne.  Not really my thing, but very nicely done and evocative.

Wow, this one is a 6-hour morpher on me. In the bottle: Hmmm...honeyed resin? Wood? Dry dark wood notes with something resin? Whatever. On, wet: Beeswax and brass start to come out...I used to play saxophone in the school band and this scent reminds me of the smell of the old case...dry wood, resin, and brass...something resinous and metallic as well as waxy...Drydown: This is where it gets interesting. First drydown was 100% brass musical instrument and pads for me; I swear I could smell my old leather, cork, and saxophone case. Then, finally, the wood came out, and as an encore, the leather came out...fine leather, used to line old cases back in the day. Truly gorgeous combo that has zero to do with the sum of its parts! Anyone who played a brass instrument ever will know right away what I'm talking about.

In the Imp: It smells sweet to me, like honey and beeswax

On Me: Not much of a change from what was in the imp. I can barely detect the leather, but it is there in the background. May need some more testing from me, it's not a bad scent but I'm not sure how I feel about the beeswax note. On the bright side, it lasts longer than some other BPALs I've tried which is a plus.

Cologne-y metal sweetened by beeswax and just a bit of a soft, well-worn leather note. It veers into salty aquatic territory at first, but it ends up being mostly cologne-y beeswax. The beeswax helps tame the metal note, which usually becomes to sharp for me to wear.

I'm not sure I'd reach for this over other beeswax scents in my collection, but I do think it is nice, and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco