Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sharp lavender while wet, with opium as it dries. I wouldn't wear it as perfume, but I put it on before bed and slept soundly, so...placebo effect or not, it's my new bedtime scent. 

Lavender poudh. Lavender and an animalic, slightly fecal oudh.

Black oudh strikes again. Once it settles a bit, opium comes out to play.

This is opium playing its somnambulistic notes in a lavender-diffused barn.

Lavender over some black oudh, which honestly toggles between salty and smelling foul on me. So this is some unpleasant medicine if you ask me. Great throw and wear length.

Strangely comforting. My bottle arrived as a second hand find. I was reluctant to purchase at time of release because oudh scares me. The fecal order is often too much to endure to get to the good part. Yet, I saw it and nabbed it. Upon receiving it, I opened and received a faceful of pungent diarrhea covered in potpourri.

I capped it and put it away. A few days later I tried it on and bore through the intense aroma, enduring the unpleasantness for about ten minutes until it faded and the most beautiful opium and lavender smell emerged, leaving the ghost of poo behind in its wake. Weeks since purchase, it has aged and cooled in the dark. Now when I open it, the poop smell is gone. Glad I kept this.

This starts off as sweet opium on me, backed by the lavender and the somewhat funky oudh. Then it becomes more about the lavender and oudh for a while before settling back down into an incense-y opium-dominant scent, this time accompanied by the sweet cola-like labdanum more than any lavender or oudh.

The oudh does not stay funky throughout wear, but it is actually the opium that makes this a little too sweet for me -- it's more about the sweet opium incense instead of being a lavender-heavy sleep blend. I'm really glad I got to try it, but I don't think it is something that would help me drift to sleep, especially with that sweet opium and funky oudh opening.