Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Host reminds me of the cedar-y, woody parts of Cathedral (church pews) and the soft, almost powdery-smooth incense and warm, subtle incense smokiness of Midnight Mass.  It smells solemn and quiet.  I smell a hint of sour red wine every once in a while, but it's mostly about a golden, resinous feel and warm, sweet incense.  Has soft, creamy, vanilla-ish tones on my skin.  Very pretty.

I get all wine up front. In the bottle it's almost juicy red and if I sniff deeply I swear I even get a bit of blackberry. There is a bit of incense and something a bit floury. On my skin the incense is the main body of the scent, with softer threads of wine around it. I agree there is a sort of vanilla component to the scent that I can't quite place, but it's incredibly beautiful. I think I get a bit of a flour note, not quite bread but a bit wheaty, but I can't tell if I'm just imagining it. Dark and lovely without being heavy, this is one of my new favorites. 

I mainly got a ton of red wine, and a whiff of incense, which gave it a spiced edge to me. Mainly red wine, and as it dried a whiff of flour. Medium throw and wear length.