Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This starts off with plenty of oud and a lovely red rose note underneath.  It stays oud and roses with only a hint of the sandalwood in the drydown.  The throw is moderate and the staying power is pretty good.  I really like this, it reminds me a little of Seance & Between Your Heart and Mine, both of which are two of my favourite rose perfumes.

I usually don't care for oudh, but the oud blanc note is smoother and less potent than the typical oudh. 

Wet on skin: Ded red roses -- very ded, very red -- on a pale, woody sandalwood and oud.

This is a well-behaved oud. The oud and sandalwood both smell whitened and dry. They remind me of the way white patchouli tends to smell more dry to me than darker patchoulis.

This is a pale, dry, and woody Gothic-rose blend.

Date November 30.2019

At first sniff it is a very dry, almost stony rose scent. The rose is very light and delicate and barely there.

On skin wet: Wow, this is a very evocative scent. I get the dry stone, dry wood and dust that I can imagine would come from a traditional coffin. There was a moment of powdery rose, but it has mellowed out a bit into dry rose petals.

Dry 30+ mins: The powdery notes have died down. I'm still getting that dry, stony scent. This has a tiny bit of sweetness to end of the inhale. It reminds me of Rose Cross, but faint, haunting and old. Almost as if Rose Cross was soaked into the stone and dried after years have gone by. The sandalwood is there at the base of the note. It blends into the scent wonderfully. If you're a fan of sandalwood and all the lab's versions of it, you'll be able to pick it out of the scent. Otherwise, it comes off as a faint resin incense.  

Worn 3+ hours: The sandalwood scent has faded into my skin leaving behind the wooden oudh and the dry rose scent. There's a tiny bit of sweetness left over from the rose (it reminds me of Zombi when it fades). I'm still getting that dry and dusty impression from the scent.

This scent reminds me of an abandoned, dry, stone vault or tomb with a dry wooden coffin holding a desiccated bouquet.

Red roses, pale sandalwood, and a whiff of oudh. Okay, so apparently black oudh is super scary on me, and oud blanc is OK, giving things a sort of wispy perfumey smell. Medium throw and wear length.

i smell slightly sour roses and a oud that is thankfully more medicinal than barnyard, like bpal's black oud note is on me. there's a dry and woody sandalwood in the background. it smells quite sour and sharp on me at first. after awhile it's primarily sour rose with hints of oud. i like these notes and want to like this but it' just goes sharp and sour on me unfortunately.

Love the bottle art. It does smell reminiscent of polished wood, like that of a coffin. The roses and oud combine to make an almost plum-like scent. Husband says it reminded him of baby powder as well, and while i can also sense a trace of that the sweet coffin wood stands out more. 

If it comes across a little too sharp on its own (is it did for me), consider combining it with a bit of "Birthday Surprise", the molten chocolate perfume blend- they combine and suddenly it smells like I'm in some posh, dark country club with the smell of warm wood and chocolate whiskey in the air. I have no idea how they managed to mix like that but I'm in love with the combination.