Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Country Gets Wilder as We Go

A snow-capped, untamed maze of fir, poplar, and oak. Ghostly beech reaches skeletal arms into the ink-black sky.

Fir. Lots of wintery fir.

I got a trace of oak, and a sense of a blended cold-weather forest behind the fir and oak. This was mostly chilly fir for me, though. In this way, it reminded me of Third Lash (white fir, olibanum, thyme, and leather) from last year, and other fir winter blends.

I'll re-test.

Delicate, chilly fir. Honestly, this is a very cold, chilly and yet delicate blend. It would be perfectly at home in the Yules. Low throw, medium wear length.

The Country Gets Wilder as We Go is predominantly a bright fir scent backed by some cool air. I agree that it would be at home in the Yule update. I didn't get anything from this that made me think of an ink black sky, so if you're worried about something like an unlisted black musk note, there's none of that here. It's so bright that I almost feel like I get some orange-y note from the fir, but maybe that was a fluke.

I think this is lovely and definitely plan on holding onto my decant. I am not sure if I will upgrade to a bottle, though, as I don't love it as much as The Forest of the Empress, but I'll retest it before it goes away just to be sure.