Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unclean and full of hell-fire: a pulsing infernal amber, shot through with lilac-blue, bloodshot and blazing.

Description is spot on, deep dark amber that feels almost spicy (like red hot cinnamon but also no cinnamon all at once? Such a weird sensation) with a touch of blue lilac. Wet the lilac is very recognizable but on dry down it takes a back seat to a very strong willed amber.

This is very perfumey from the amber, but if you love amber, this is for you. Only a little floral and for me seems not to be migraine inducing.

In the decant, Lucy's Eyes are all lilac and blue musk.

On my wrist: lilac, blue musk, and hey? Pepper? White and black pepper? Suddenly this reminds me so much of the Luper called Initiation Sentimentale (wisteria and white sandalwood with lilac, white tea, champaca, black pepper, benzoin, and white clove). Then some sweet golden amber flows in.

Lilac blue musk with peppery spice and golden amber.

Lilac, blue musk, touch of amber and pepper. This one is a feisty lilac blend. The blue musk is always a somber sort of musk on my skin, and the pepper prevents this from being sad, and is just sort of aggressive. This is a lilac that looks like it would literally bite back. Medium throw and wear length.

this starts with pure lilac with a hint of a soft crystal musk. i have to inhale deeply to smell the amber, which is quite subtle. this is a pretty scent, really almost like a lilac single note on me for the first 20-30 minutes. after awhile it's a very pretty lilac-amber.

Edited by theseagrows

I had a very similar experience with this as theseagrows. It's almost a single note lilac, kind of lightly powdered with amner in a pretty and soft way. I have a lot of lilac blends but I really like this and will still reach for it. 😃

I passed on this when it was first available, though I was curious about it. I've been on the lookout for a good lilac scent, but I thought the other notes would overpower the lilac, and I have a lot of ambers already. Lilacs are such a comforting smell, but I'm also particular about my lilac scents (looking at you, every "lilac" candle I have ever encountered.) I get judgey about the company it keeps, and on the other hand, I'm also leery of strong florals -- I kind of can't win. In my indecision, I let this one go.

Then 2020 rolled around and killed my impulse control. I ran across a bottle for sale and snapped it up. And, unfortunately, I've been rewarded for my lack of frugality, because I have worn this regularly since I got it.

The lilac is prominent in the first half hour or so, and it's a beautiful, vivid, non-soapy blue lilac. I'm going to have to double down on my lilac hunt, because it's so pretty and realistic. The amber ramps up with wear. This is a spicy, no-nonsense amber. It settles into a well-balanced compromise between the lilac and amber, between blue and warm tones. The amber is more prominent, but the lilac never leaves, just wafts around over it. Presumably, there is blue musk in there, but I couldn't tell you what it smells like. This is probably not as complex or interesting as my usual favorites, but I enjoy it exactly as is.

I like this a lot. I love the label art. The search for the perfect lilac scent continues, but this was a wonderful first step. And no lessons in impulse control were learned.

I picked up a decant last year and somehow never got around to testing it. With fall colors starting to hit the leaves near me, I decided I might give Lucy's Eyes a try...

In imp: Lilac with something else blue. Can't smell amber.

On skin initially: The amber starts to come out, but it's a super powdery amber, very "perfumey." I feel like I'm going to sneeze when I sniff my wrist.

Half hour: Smells like my memory of my Italian Catholic great-aunt's bathroom. Super powdery and floral. 

Argh, I wanted so badly to like this one, but I'm avoiding smelling my wrist. Lucy and her eyes will be going into the swap box.

Edited by avilion