Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honey-sweet and thick with blood: red roses and honey, a throb of red musk, bitter neroli and clove husk all staining a slash of sheet-white vanilla sandalwood.

This one broke my heart!  It was all clove and musk and syrupy cherry out of the bottle, and only got worse when I put it on.  And I was so looking forward to it!  I guess Alice will have to be my autumn floral.

In bottle: Very syrupy with the honey and red rose with a bitterness underneath that I assume is the clove. It smells like something I remember but I can't pull that memory forward. It's rather intense in this form and wet. Hopefully it fades a bit as it dries down.

Wet: Rose and honey are coming through more intensely, it's like sticking your face in a rose in full bloom after it rains, it's a very wet floral. 

Dry: The rose has dried down nicely and takes a bit of a backstage to the clove and the vanilla sandalwood and honey really come through. It's still floral but not overpoweringly so. I really love it now that it's a bit more delicate but still complex. It's pretty phenomenal how accurately it reflects my depictions of Dracula's Brides. 

Red rose, honey, pickling spice, and a whiff of vanilla. Somehow this ends up smelling like red roses and pickling spice. EPIC FAIL SKIN. Medium throw and wear length.

I was little worried about the honey in this one since that can get cloying easily, but instead I get a very pretty and sweet rose out of this one. The clove doesn't really show up to a noticeable degree on my skin, but there's a subtle complexity to the perfume as a whole that makes me think it'll be a versatile pick for when I'm in the mood for a floral. (I'm not generally someone who leans towards floral scents, and went out on a limb for this one with the rose - and I wound up absolutely loving it). Buying a back-up bottle for sure.

I was anticipating something similar to Jezebel's honey-orange blossom-rose with an added spice note, but instead it's a sexy combo of red musk, tangy honey, and sharp rose with the clove adding a hint of something almost metallic. These are definitely bloody kisses from Dracula's vampire brides.

In the imp/while wet I get a sharp, vegetal rose, with a hint of green stem (the sort of fresh/sharp rose that has an almost minty quality) alongside a sexy/tangy honey that reminds me of the honey note in Elegant Vulva.  Definitely not the orange juice/velvety rose opening of Jezebel at all. 

As it starts to dry on my skin the red musk comes forward along with a metallic hint of warm/sharp clove and it turns into a sexy scent that's neither overtly floral nor spicy but instead a sort of sensual crimson/deep blush pink skin musk with an underlying sharp tang that makes me think of blood (but thankfully without the rotting-blood note from Whitechapel or Mischief HG). 

Finally, a honey note that legit smells like honey! :boogie:

Honey usually turns to a powdery mess on my skin, but this smells more like a really nice, honeycomby, raw, fresh-out-of-the-jar honey. It is sweet but darkened a bit by the other notes, almost earthy/slightly floral in a way that makes the honey note seem more natural. 

I really like this and think it will layer well. 

This one's really interesting -- on me, it very much comes out as a honey-drenched red rose in bloom, and I think the reason it succeeds in this is because the other notes lend it a depth that otherwise wouldn't be present. The clove and neroli spice and thicken the honey, while the red musk darkens the rose beyond just being a general floral. The overall effect is sensuous, faintly malevolent, and extremely forward.

For comparison, The Best Lies is another 'honey and rose' scent that doesn't get as dark, aggressive, or seductive as this one, but they have similarities in how honey and rose unfold as the perfume dries down. This might be the 'dark twin' to TBL's 'light.'