Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

I am All in a Sea of Wonders

A delirium of mortal and immortal terror: frankincense, white oud, tolu balsam, champaca absolute, cannabis accord, and silvery amber.

Wet on my skin: A here-and-gone hint of cannabis, golden champaca, frankincense, sweet amber, and what I think is the silvery note. It's a cool, silvery metal, like staring into a newly polished silver platter.

The silver metal note amps on me during drydown. It starts to veer toward plastic, but still more or less plays nice.

This is a curious metallic silver amber-frankincense-champaca blend.

Frankincense, champaca, and amber. Overlaid with a silvery metal note. But underneath is a very warm resinous frankincense and amber. Sort of masculine? Good throw and wear length.

In the imp this smells just like nag champa incense to me, smelling like a shop I used to visit frequently. It is quite cool on my skin, very silvery and a bit sharp. It gets very herbal and I distinctly get the cannabis, but it's not playing as nicely on my skin as it has in other blends. It's going almost swampy. The blend around it gets quite nice, I get frankincense very distinctly, and the rest of the incense gets a bit warmer and less sharp. However this cannabis is not doing it this round and it was what made me excited about this blend. I wonder if the oud is a bad pair with it on my skin? 

This is so weird, and I love it, though I usually have to layer something with it. To me it smells silver, as people have said, a highly realistic metallic note backed with subtle frankincense, although it's well-blended enough that "metallic" is the overarching impression. Surprisingly, I can't smell the cannabis as a distinct note? But there's something vaguely herbal and medicinal about it, like a 19th century doctor's kit, which I really dig. 

I'm really curious to see how it will age. I like to layer it with Psionicist from the RPG line, which makes it feel a little more conventional/wearable to me, and also turns the vibe into "psychic Victorian doctor" which is even better.

I’m not good with champaca, so I knew I am All in a Sea of Wonders wasn’t going to be the best blend on me. I love the idea of everything else so much I had to try, given the chance to swap for a decant. 
Truly, it’s the loveliest corn tortilla I’ve tried. Haha if the champaca wasn’t present, it would be the most beautiful white amber blend. Like a moon beam, thickly present, yet sheer when you try to grasp it. There’s a slight herbal tinge going on, yet it can’t keep up with the glowing resins. Thankfully, the champaca fades after a while and I can enjoy the remaining notes. I’ll probably keep the decant to try one more time and see if I want to wait for that drydown. Won’t need a bottle, though.