Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I got this because I love lavender and I love mugwort. Wasn't sure how they'd go together but I figured it would be something I could live with. Then it arrived and I unbottled it to smell something pretty rank. I applied anyhow - and to my shock, this turned into something gorgeous! I don't ever recall such a dramatic swing with any previous BPAL. It smells light and feminine and very unique - neither floral nor herbal but something right in between. Love this so much.

On me this is an ultra sharp lavender with another sharp overlaying herbal note (mugwort I assume). On late dry down it softens a little but really this is a less sweet lavender than I generally like. If you enjoy that hard hitting lavender or herbal scents, this might be for you.

In the bottle: Lavender and greenness, smells just a teensy bit like Saint-Germain and I am positively tickled pink.

Wet: Lavender and something fresh and minty. It's a bit like Envy, too.

Dry: There's also some sort of incensy note or sandalwood like aroma, but it's very clean.

After a few minutes: Very fresh herbal lavender, and the herbs are sweet instead of savory as I found with Chlorophyll.

The other herb note, which must be the mugwort kind of cuddles up to the lavender and makes a soft powdery green sweetness that is almost better than lavender alone.

It is kind of hypnotic, I can't seem to stop sniffing my wrist.

After first hour: Very faint lavender now, I think the mugwort is coming forward, but it smells nice so I have no objections.

After two and a half hours: Soft and very faint herbal. Still can't stop sniffing my wrist.

After 5 hours: Pretty much gone.

Final verdict: I think this one is a keeper.

I AM LITERALLY FREAKING OUT OVER THIS ONE!!!!!!!!! it smells like really good expensive salon shampoo. kinda like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Ginger, only with lavender. it's definitely a sharp herbal lavender and the mugwort just gives it this..... depth. this greenness. complexity. GOD it's gorgeous. i'm not sure i would even say this is a sleep scent, it's oddly energizing for a lavender. it makes me feel clean and fresh down to my very soul. we're gonna need multiples of this one

Such an airy blend! If you want to meet the Element Air, you could do well with this one...

Clean, fresh herbal lavender -- a bit sharp at first -- and soft, herby mugwort. 

Hypnotize Me is a super herbal mugwort and sharp lavender blend that I liked a lot more on me than I did in the vial. I tested it last night, and I liked it enough to slather it before going to bed. I found it to be an effective sleep scent, and it pairs well with The Hypnotic Eye atmo, which shares these two notes.

The decant is definitely a keeper, and I may consider upgrading a bottle to use as a bedtime scent before the Weenies go away.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Out of the imp, it’s shocking how medicinal this reads at first, but it quickly settles down into a minty-herbal lavender. I swear I catch a whiff of something like camphor or eucalyptus, and it retains a fair bit of that medical quality to it. Refreshing but with the lavender you’ll really catch yourself dozing off.