Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Blood of my blood: a deep crimson musk threaded with mesmerizing Tunisian amber, voluptuous champaca blossom, vanilla absolute, labdanum, bitter almond, and black orchid.

Reminds me of several department store perfumes from Dior and Versace, like it could be nestled in between Dior Poison and Versace Crystal Noir.  The almond is a sweet, grainy note and the vanilla is not very sweet, but it is present, and mostly this just has a very baby powdery amber and clean floral feel.  I usually enjoy black orchid, but this has more of a generic, hazy, clean, nondescript white floral smell.  Powdery, clean white floral that is barely sweetened with vanilla and almond.  I don't care for how powdery this turns on me.

I tried it today finally, and I love it in the bottle and on my skin -- musks are generally a good bet for me, with the vanilla and almond.   But ambers invariably fade so it had a very short shelf life on me.

I hate the word "flesh" (*shudder*), but I had to have this based on the notes. Wet, it's strong and reminds me a little of Snake Charmer crossed with Smut--a heavy vanilla-musk. However, on drydown it really morphs, becoming a soft almond with a slight "edge" to it. Not a foody almond, more like an almond flower, if that makes sense? I like it in both stages, but not as much as I love O.G. Snake Charmer.

Notes unseen, my first thought was "red musk and sheet cake." Something here is strongly (and appropriately) reminding me of Eat Me. I know that there's labdanum and amber here and I can sort of smell them but mostly my brain is just going "sheet cake." Also lots of red musk. Did I mention red musk?

This smells absolutely delicious, but potentially cloying. But also delicious.

Edit: on the drydown I get champaca and orchid but this is still strongly sweet. I am getting the faint sourness I usually get from champaca but it's not a scent ruiner so far.

Edit Edit: After some time reapplying I have no idea why I initially got cake, but this still reminds me of red currant

Edited by patina

A heavily musky, perfumey orchid blends into golden champaca, creamy vanilla, almond, and amber. 

I'm so into the golden side of this: champaca, vanilla, almond, and amber. The red musk orchid is not my friend, though.

Compared to Come Sister, this is a much more feral bloody orchid. This is red musk, orchid, and vanilla. It's red, bloody, voluptuous. If Come Sister is sheer white, this is a dangerous red. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: The bitter almond is coming out swinging, but (for once), it's working for me! Mixed with the musk, amber, vanilla, and orchid.. it's working. This is beautiful so far!

Dry: OOOO yes. The wet stage was like smelling everything individually, and the dry down is after everything was thrown into a blender together. There seems to be a bit more vanilla on the dry down, as well. So.. bitter almond, some musk and amber, orchid, and a gaggle of vanilla.

Yes. Big bottle is happening. Thank you for FINALLY working on my skin, bitter almond!

This is my favorite of the OOTD blends, and up there with Madame Moriarty for being a favorite of the red musk blends. It starts out with red musk and slightly powdery florals, then dries down to a lovely floral vanilla amber w/ red musk running through it. Just Hell yes.

Edit: Wore again today, the final drydown this time reminds me a bit more of the lace blends. 

Edit: I actually enjoy this better than Madame Moriarty. It doesn't have the troublesome black currant note. Exquisite.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak