Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dusty brown sandalwood, nagarmotha, brown oudh, clove husk, white patchouli, black pepper, vetiver, green cumin, and ash.

Ooooh...yes. This smells so good! Out of the bottle it's nice an clove-y like not many scent are. It quickly dries down to a soft, creamy, slightly dusty, goth skin scent. I have to get really close to my wrist to smell it but it's cozy, fuzzy, and warm. The sandalwood sweetens the oudh in a beautiful way with just a touch of anaimalic flair. The cumin and vetiver are not dominant to my nose. Overall it reminds me of wrapping myself in a blanket I wore wrapped around a night of hanging by a sacred fire. Nuzzle worthy. 

I love this one. Cozy and fuzzy are great words for it!

I get dusty brown sandalwood, dusty white patchouli, oudh, and clove mainly. The dust is a player, but it's not like the dust note in Quintessence of Dust. I like this dust, even though it tickles the back of my throat. I find the black pepper and vetiver only if I hunt for them.

Because of the brown fuzziness, this reminds me of the cute Little Brown Bats common in my area. 🦇🦇🦇

If this lasted longer on me, it would become a bottle. But it flits off fairly quickly, like a bat, or a moth.

Edited by Casablanca

Dry clove, patchouli, touch of sandalwood, and oudh. This smells like a sophisticated bat. Brown. Cuddly. Would definitely keep as a pet. Medium throw and wear length.

I was worried about the brown oudh in Death's Head Moth, since I've been so burned by black oudh.  I wasn't worried that the clove husk would commandeer the entire scent experience, but that's pretty close to what happened.  The oudh is quiet, not at all indolic; the vetiver and ash are also very subdued.  It is a kind of cuddly comfort scent, without much throw (which is normal for me), but I wish the warm, dusty clove husk would let some of the other notes have more play on my skin.  

Wet: Warm sandalwood with a bite of pepper and a dash of clove. Gorgeous.

Drydown: Clove, clove, clove. Holy clove, Batman.

Dry: The clove softened eventually. The final result is a warm, clove and sandalwood blend. It isn't as cuddly for me as Hunter, but it is still rather pleasant.

This is everything cozy and safe to my nose.

The clove husk and green cumin are anchored by the black pepper. The sandalwood, patchouli, and oudh provide sexy sophistication to the blend, but don't overwhelm it at all. The dust and ash are subtle players to my nose, adding a hint of mystery. I really don't know what nagarmotha smells like. 

I wear this whenever I need a pick me up, or I am feeling to scattered. It's incredibly grounding--the essence of earth, despite having wings. 

A frottle from the Lab! ❤️

I get...clove and sandalwood and black pepper, mostly? I don't know what nagarmotha should smell like! I was nervous about the oudh, but it seems okay here, or just blanketed by the other notes! It's brown and spicy-soft to me, like a warm open blend of dried spices from a spice rack.