Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Icy musk draped in osmanthus and white gardenia, a whisper of ti leaf and orchid, crystalline amber, and incense smoke.

A bit like shampoo, but more delicate. I definitely get the orchid and gardenia. The ti leaf gives it a strong citrusy edge, like green tea but brighter.

This is very perfumy but the occasional whiff of icy musk makes it more than the average perfume..

An orchid-gardenia perfumey perfume edged in glass. I get less of a cold ice than a clear glass note, less a chill than a room-temperature crystal. All the crystals from the crystalline amber, maybe. This is a glass perfume bottle, and you can smell the glass and white flowers both.

After drydown I find the ti leaf. It helps the blend smell clean. I find a little smoke when I hunt for it. It is faint for me, as though a candle blew out in the next room a while ago.

This is a clean, glassy white floral blend.

Clean orchid, white musk, and flowers. This is a very clean, fresh orchid blend to me. Great throw and wear length.

Wet: Super clean and musky white florals. Borderline-soap smelling. (Classy, expensive soap though!)

Dry: More or less the same as the wet stage, just a bit powdery now as well. 

I like the idea of this, but it doesn't mesh well with my skin chemistry.

December 2019: I get a lush mildly sweet white floral, gardenia most likely. It's a bit dewy, not at all waxy. A pretty decent floral for those who abhor floral scents.

June 2019: 7 months later, in the summertime, it morphs into a briney aquatic, with traces of incense. Reminds of Ogygia from the GC catalogue.

Edited by theredkilt

at first i get mostly gardenia and ti leaf with maybe a hint of osmanthus. it's all icy cold florals with a slightly citrus-y thing from the ti leaf. the osmanthus blooms after a few minutes on the skin and adds a slight fruitiness. the 'icy' musk comes out and tends to dominate later on, and now i think i can smell a hint of orchid as well. after being on the skin about 20 minutes it's primarily soft, clear musk and gardenia on me. this is a very unobtrusive scent, and would be ideal for work or similar situations.

At first I get cold, clean blue musk and some heady florals but quickly dries down to just a faint whiff of smoke on me. 

Come Sister started out a very lovely white floral with nuances of a finishing powder. After 15 minutes it quickly did the same thing the iris in Lucy Westenra from OOTD1 did and went straight to a powdery floral Play-Doh. The individual notes are very different in each blend so I find it odd that Come Sister smells like it. I will see how it ages and try it as a locket scent because I really enjoy the florals in the opening.

Edit: The drydown is much better now. The play-doh phase was much shorter lived and I really like this! It's a nice, unassuming, not going to punch you in the face white floral. Not my personal favorite, but I will still reach for this. 😃

Edited by RoseThornAndOak