Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rage and bloody exultation dissolving into divine stillness: white sandalwood, palo santo, rosewood, and lavender.

Very lavender-forward in the bottle; on the skin the rosewood is immediately front and center with the lovely incensey sandalwood + palo santo combo making it appropriately churchy and morgue-like for the concept. The lavender is there but very much in the back seat. 

Rose and lavender incense and wood.

This is almost exclusively rosewood (not rose, a soft, not amping, so far not migrainey rose-ish note) backed by a very tame and not super dry sandalwood. I don't know what palo santo smells like, and I can barely detect the lavender at all. I loved this scent at will call and tbh I am still pretty keen on it. It is definitely a ~mood~ scent and not for daily wear I think, but "divine stillness" is a pretty good encapsulator. It is very calm, very peaceful. No riotous notes shoving each other around. 

If you want to like rose but cannot normally make it work for you, give this a whirl.

edit I looked it up, palo santo can be incencesy and that is somewhere around the same level as the lavender far in the backdrop. There is a slight touch of incense. 

At first this smells like pale serenity. Lavender, palo santo, white sandalwood, and a little rosewood.

As it dries on me, though, it turns pale, powdery, and perfumey. This smells white musk does on my skin. Pass.

It's trying to have the sharpness of rage but is thwarted by the roundness of wood, and so it's balanced. Still.

Jury's still out on this one for me. I don't dislike it, but I don't know if I'll wear it often, if at all. Maybe my husband will like it - seems unisex enough to work on him.

Lavender, palo santo, and sandalwood. This is delicate lavender and palo santo. Just lovely. Low throw, average wear length.

The white sandalwood and palo santo are the notes that first hit me, with a bold finish by the rosewood and lavender. The lavender is not as prominent as the other notes on me, and the rosewood gains strength over time. The palo santo is the minty type found in the Palo Santo and Sandalwood duet, so this scent is very much like that with a generous dose of rosewood and a bit of lavender.

I find this to be a relaxing scent that would probably be great for bedtime, but I am not sure I need more than my decant. I kind of wish the lavender played a greater role on me.

Edited by doomsday_disco

A Look of Peace was so soapy on me! :ack:Whyyyy?! 
I’m hoping it will settle after a while and change. I’ll report back, if so. Glad I decided on a decant this time. 

Update: I’m about to swap this one, so I figured I’d give it another little test. It’s not soapy, per say, it’s still very clean smelling, fresh freshly cleaned wood, a bit sharp from the rosewood, a bit powdery from the white sandalwood. I’m guessing the combo of minty palo santo, rosewood, and herbal lavender is making the clean experience. It kind of fits the name, as I could see myself freshly scrubbed and in a pristine house, without worry and able to totally relax. 
Glad I’m not too tied to the scent, even as it shifted to be more wearable. Swaps it is! 

Edited by artisjok

In the bottle: Incensy, woody floral, with a commercial cologne kind of edge.

Wet: Woody lavender, and a sort of dish detergent tang.

Dry: A floral woodiness.

After a few minutes: The sandalwood is coming out a bit more, it's a nice soft wood that makes me feel like I'm in an antique furniture store filled with potpourri.

After first hour: Soft floral woodiness. It's less dry now and more sweet, but there's still very little sign of the lavender.

After two and a half hours: A faint hint of sandalwood. This is a very mild scent now.

After 5 hours: Totally gone.

Final verdict: Nice enough in the end, but not a keeper.

I get the most lavender from this in the wet phase, and then it settles into harmony with the other notes. I really enjoy this one because it's a warm herbal lavender - the rosewood in particular really takes the edge off the sharp/dry tendencies of lavender and white sandalwood, and complements the palo santo nicely. Very calming and peaceful.

Soft Reboot (TAL 2020) has the lavender, sandalwood and palo santo, but the additional notes there create a cooler, sweeter effect.