Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Sugar Skulls in the Pumpkin Patch

Sugar, pumpkin spice, and a whiff of cinnamon. This honestly makes me think of a Mexican version of Pumpkin Spice Latte. You get the pumpkin, the sugar, the cinnamon, and something that distinctly feels like a Day of the Dead celebration pumpkin. Good throw and wear length.

Disclaimer: I've never smelled the original Sugar Skull!

Initially, this is a sparkly pumpkin with lots of sweetness. Ultimately, it dries down to exactly like Pumpkin Sugar HG: thick and syrupy, like pumpkin infused into maple syrup. Most BPAL has low throw on me, but this hangs particularly close to the skin, with almost zero throw and I have to shove my nose against my wrist to smell it. Pumpkin Sugar HG, on the other hand, has crazy-good throw, almost too much.

So if you're looking for something a little quieter, go for SS PP. It is quite nice, but not particularly unique in my collection.

I used to have a bottle of old Sugar Skull, and I liked it, but I ended up using most of it in making maple pumpkin stout soap. That came out delicious.

Trying this version of the blend, I realized how much my old bottle was dulled by its age. I think it was from 2009? This was much more freshly brown-sugary and red-fruity! Its maple quality goes wonderfully with the autumn spice here.

This one hadn't been on my radar, but I loved it. Probable bottle.

OG Sugar Skull is one of my favorite Weenie blends ever.. I have high hopes for this!

Wet: Sugar Skull and pumpkin syrup? The original definitely has some maple syrup going on, with this one I'd say it's like a pumpkin-dosed maple syrup. 

Dry: This one doesn't really morph on me at all; it's still Sugar Skull plus pumpkin syrup! 

Like Sugar Skull? Like pumpkin scents? You'll probably like this.

For me, I prefer the original Sugar Skull to the pumpkin version, but I do quite like this! Holding on to my decant. 

I love this!  I'm enjoying the syrupy spiciness & will probably upgrade to a bottle. The fruit note in Sugar Skull, which always reads as pear to me, is holding its own against the spice/pumpkin & I find this version as comforting as the original. :wub2:

Edited by alterosen

I kick myself for not buying a bottle. On me, this is Sugar Skull, with the candied fruit dialed up to 11. I will be a sad puppy when my decant is gone.