Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk. Plus pumpkin. Just a weird, spicy jolt of pumpkin.

Wine. This is one of the wine heavy version of Blood Kiss. I get red wine, pumpkin, and a whiff of cherries and clove. It's like a pumpkin sangria. GREAT throw and wear length.

To begin this scent adventure, I smelled an aged imp of Blood Kiss, which was part cherries but mostly resins, quite doable for this cherry-shy girl. It is surprisingly beautiful. Then on to the Pumpkin Spice version...

Oh dear. Cherry-bomb lips kiss thick syrup and cinnamon spice, and it's all so so much. Too much. How are these pumpkin spices amping the cherry so much? How are they burying all the wonderful resins? Would this age to the same glory as the original does, or would it always be the over-the-top cherry drama queening for all her might?

These are questions that my decant may someday answer. For now, a hard pass on anything more than a decant.

Deep, thickened mulled wine. It's luscious and spicy. I'm not a huge fan of the original Blood Kiss, but the added spiciness is intriguing.

Yes, mulled wine! I mostly get cherries and wine. Maybe a hint of clove, but not much pumpkin spice. And considering I tried Blood Squib Snake Oil on the other arm, which is super cherry, this feels like a dusty, “antique” cherry. I guess I associate wine with “antique”? I’d recommend this for wine lovers, maybe clove lovers, but not pumpkin spice lovers. Sweet and fruity lovers could be hit or miss. 

I should have gotten a bottle of this because I got a decant recently and I love this so much.  Blood Kiss is one of my favorites and it really holds its own against the pumpkin spice.  This smells like a slice of creamy pumpkin pie, crust and all, stuffed into a bottle of Blood Kiss, not just the dry, overwhelming spices that I was expecting.  Blood Kiss is such a great scent with the honeyed vanilla, rich red wine and cherries, and the spicy, earthy, dark mix of vetiver and clove.  It kind of gives off Samhain/Samhainophobia vibes when it's mixed with the pumpkin.  A whole sexy vampire mood.  If anyone has an unloved bottle of this one, I would definitely love to purchase a full bottle.  So beautiful and sensual.