Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Miskatonic University’s Pumpkin Patch

Arkham knows the reason for the season! Pumpkin spiced Irish coffee, dusty tomes, merrily flickering jack o’lanterns, and polished oakwood.

If you are a person who doesn’t amp spice on the skin, this is amazing. On bottle sniff, I gasped audibly. It was without a doubt the best sniff at lunacy tonight. In bottle and fresh applied I smelled all the wonderful Irish coffee and library scents of Miskatonic U, but with a gorgeous pumpkin... it smelled like sitting in an old university library with a cup of PSL. Such a brilliant idea to use them together. I was so happy, it was the best fall scent I have ever found ....But, ten minutes later the Irish cream that I adore in Miskatonic U and the autumn book notes began to recede behind what smelled like cinnamon. Two hours later the cinnamon has went into remission and I am left with gorgeous autumn Miskatonic U again.... however, I am impatient and not sure I want to wrestle with spice for two hours. 

really though, if not for the spice amping, this would be my favorite fall fragrance ever. I am actually looking actively for a decant to just see if perhaps layered over a lotion I could keep the spices in check, because it really was just other worldly yummy. 

Bailey's irish coffee, pumpkin, dust, and a whiff of beeswaxed library floors. Misk U has always been the most "bookish" of scents for me, but typically too much polished wood. This time however, the pumpkin tames all of that wood down to the grown, and I get this perfectly spiked Bailey's and PSL, books, and some beeswaxed wood. It's like the perfect autumn afternoon in a regal library. Lovely. Medium throw and wear length.

An instantly recognizable University, this romp through the pumpkin patch! Those who absolutely love the original cuppa irish cream in the old wooden library and like a thick, heady pumpkin spice will find this a match made in heaven. The booziness is toned down and the sweetness enhanced by the spices, while the richness is cranked up to a heady 11+. 

In a side-by-side comparison over several hours, Miska U's Pumpkin Patch stayed pumpkiny for an hour or two...and then quietly dried down into plain old Miska U. I wish all those great autumnal notes stuck around longer, but I still might have to get a bottle of this one and enjoy it by the hour.

This is mostly syrupy pumpkin spice and the sweet, creamy coffee of Misk U on me. Kind of like Pumpkin Spice Everything and Misk U had a baby. I can smell a bit of the dust and wood notes in the background, but they can't really compete with the pumpkin spice and sweet coffee notes.

My skin amps spice, so the pumpkin spice aspect was the most prominent aspect of the scent on me. I do think this is nice, but I kind of wish I got a little less spice. I'll retest my decant before the Weenies depart, but at the moment, I don't think this one will be a bottle purchase for me.

Pumpkin latte version of Miskatonic Unversity. I was hoping this would be less sweet (Miskatonic University smells more like sugar, cream, and caramel on me than coffee), but if anything it's sweeter than MU. If you like MU, definitely worth a try.

Sugary sweet pumpkin, and the glory of Miskatonic U. If you like the original Miskatonic U, than you'll love this! It's a nice version, like someone took the rattled teakwood of the library and tried to freshen it up with bundles of fall spices and a shot of pumpkin in their coffee. As for me it's a touch too similar to the original to warrant another bottle but it's a fun seasonal variant!

Edited by clockworkcrypt
Spelling

This is Misk U -- one of my faves -- spiked with pumpkin spice and maybe sprinkled with some heavy cinnamon on top. I love it!

Spicy, sweet coffee. The pumpkin takes a little while to come forward. I really don't get much beyond that, but I don't have much experience with Misk U. It's somehow deeper than Irish Coffee Buttercream, and spicier. Pumpkin isn't quite as obvious as I'd expect. I'd go for Pumpkin Latte if I wanted coffee and pumpkin in equal measure. Overall, it's nice.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:10 AM, zankoku_zen said:

Arkham knows the reason for the season! Pumpkin spiced Irish coffee, dusty tomes, merrily flickering jack o’lanterns, and polished oakwood.

Miskatonic U is a scent I want to love, but it's too teaky for me, or something. (I'm not great at notes). But I was gifted a decant of Halloween at Misk U and I adored it, and was super sad it was no more. So when this was released I jumped at it and was so glad I did. The pumpkin spiced coffee, plus pumpkin really tame the wood and paper to make an excellent scholarly fall scent.