Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sour gummies, blue raspberry, citric, and a whiff of Snake Oil. There's a definite "squish" and "gelatin" note to this, which is frankly amazing because when is the last time you actually thought "gummy" candy with a focus on that gummy part. It's like face palming into a bag of Sour Patch Kids. If this was your dream, look no further. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant: Snake Oil and tart blue raspberry sour gummy worms.

On my skin:

At first, Snake Oil dominates. Once it dries, I get both the sour gummy candy smell and the groundedness of Snake Oil. I can even smell the dusting of sour sugar. (If you stick your nose in as much sour gummy candy as I do, you can appreciate that this has a different quality from the fruity gelatinousness of the gummy.) 

This is actually delightful. As a feat of creation, of course, yes. But also as just a really enjoyable scent. I ordered a half decant of this for novelty purposes, or so I thought -- but it's very wearable. And interesting. And making me want sour gummy worms. 

Wet: SOUR BLUE RASPBERRY SNAKE OIL GUMMY CANDY. I wasn't sure about sour candy with Snake Oil.. but it is GOOD.

Dry: I would say there's more of the sour gummi candy than Snake Oil upon drydown; it's also less sour than the wet stage. 

This is such a fun scent, and like all my other Snake Oil blends, I think this one will get even better with age. Potential bottle upgrade, for sure!

Partly, I wasn't paying attention. But also, everywhere I can see (including here in this review thread as well as on the BPAL main site), this is just listed as Sour Gummi. NOT Sour Gummi Snake Oil. Yes,  on the main site it is in the section with the other SO Weenie varieties... but I kinda got overly excited and missed that. The others are clearly Blood Squib Snake Oil or Popcorn Ball Snake Oil or Red Hot Snake Oil. So somewhere along the line my brain seized on the lack of SO in the name and got fixated on Sour Gummi. JUST Sour Gummi. So sadly, I was quite disappointed when I sniffed this and realized the sad, sad truth. I mean, in the end, yeah, I like it quite a lot actually, and I do think it will get even better with age, but it is not at all what I was expecting and my brain can't get over that hump. Phooey.

Well, sour gummi is right. It's actually not as sour as I thought it would be: most of the sour powder can be found during the initial application, with the gummy part gaining strength over time. I got very little Snake Oil from this. I agree with the blue raspberry and citric descriptors in zee_zee's review as well as its spot-on gummy quality.

Sour gummi candies are not something I am fond of, but I bet those who do like them and want to smell like them would be delighted by this.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Gently sour, like your younger sibling licked off all the citric acid and put the gummy worm back in the bag. The “flavor” is evasive; my initial thoughts were blue raspberry, as well, but it could very well be a bunch of different fruits meshing together. Sometimes I think I get a hint of orange. The Snake Oil is there, but it’s a shy snek. I’m really happy with how this turned out, because it was almost all vaguely-sugared Snake Oil when I first got it (no “sour” or “gummi” to be found). Another Dangernoodle hit!