Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Thinking of red hots as in the candy, I added this to my cart before any of the other Weenies. It's more like a natural cinnamon, but the Snake Oil components tame it considerably. There's also a gingery tone. It's a quieter sibling of Saw-Scaled Viper, one of my favourite fragrances, which probably contains several of the same notes. As it ages, I expect it'll deepen and strengthen, but at the moment it's fairly light on my skin compared to most other Snake Oil blends.

Red Hot Snake Oil - as expected. Cinnamon red hots over Snake Oil. And then on drydown, a hint of chili powder. Hope that part fades, as I don't care for those chili spices. But now I really understand the "red hot" part! 😂

Cinnamon red hots, vanilla, and Snake Oil. Yup, cinnamon Snake Oil. I swear there's another Snake Pit blend that smells very similar to this. I can't remember what it is. Great throw and wear length.

In the decant: Cinnamon red hots candy over Snake Oil. Sweeter than my bottle of Saw Scaled Viper; I think I'm detecting a sugar note. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's a little less sweet than in the decant, so it's somewhere between cinnamon spice and cinnamon candy. The drydown, however, brings back what I'm going to term a sugar-type note, making this more like cinnamon candy than just cinnamon. Maybe it's just that with fewer spices, it's easier for the vanilla and sweetness of the Snake Oil to stand out? Broadly speaking, it's the most like SSV, but as someone who has a bottle of SSV in fairly regular rotation, Red Hot Snake Oil is subtly different on me.

I would agree with the description that it's a sweeter, gentler cousin to SSV. Someone who wanted to love SSV but found it overpowering might do well with this. For me, I think, it doesn't fill a new need in my scent rotation.    

Yep, cinnamon-candy red hots over Snake Oil.

I tested my friend's decant, and this was exactly red hots on both of us -- candy and all. 

(FYI: I was a little nervous about trying this as my skin can get welts from cinnamon-heavy fragrances, but I had no bad skin reaction trying this.)

Wet: Red hots. No Snake Oil. Only red hots.

Dry: ... Still red hots, and only red hots. Snake Oil, where you at? (I was planning on comparing this with Saw Scaled Viper, but... I'm not getting any Snake Oil here.. so uh.. )

Doesn't jam with my skin chemistry. If you want to smell like red hots though, this is for you!

Red Hot Snake Oil is exactly what it says on the tin: red hots and Snake Oil. It's like an extra cinnamon-y Snake Oil, and I think it may be better than Saw-Scaled Viper because it doesn't have Saw-Scaled Viper's red ginger note. This is also the Dangernoodle with the strongest Snake Oil component that I have tried thus far.

I don't think I need more of it, as I have plenty of spicy sneks, but I like it more than I thought I would!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Excellent! It's exactly what it says it is. I took a gamble on this one, as I am very sensitive to cinnamon, but this sassy snek is all bark and no bite. It dries down to an inviting, sexy spice bread sort of scent.