Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Yay, I'm the first reviewer for this! 

Buttery, delicious, candy-sweet, sugary POPCORN BALLS. Totally edible. Once applied, I'm not getting a ton of the Snake Oil aspect of this, except upon first application, where it adds a very solidly gooey caramel-note. That fades quickly and I'm left with a light, buttery-sweet popcorn ball scent. VERY reminiscent of the Midway scent from the very first inceptions of the Carnival Diabolique series.

Fleeting on me, but delicious, and smells just exactly like the real deal. 

This is great.  I've been disappointed with popcorn scents lately, because they've smelled like caramel and not popcorn, but this is buttery, salty, fluffy popcorn, just made with Snake Oil, which is unusual and wonderful.  I get lots of creamy, grownup, non-gourmand, Snake Oil vanilla and a little of that dark, musky sugar, mixed into fluffy popcorn.  Very vanilla-y and satisfying.

I am a longtime fan of the Lab's popcorn note, going all the way back to Shill's debut appearance, so I knew that I would simply have to have a bottle of this on principle. It does not disappoint. As with Vampire nigh At The Movies, part of the charm is taking the simple, unadulterated buttery popcorn and combining it with something unexpected- in this case, Snake Oil- to great effect. 

The popcorn is definitely the dominant note here, which is what I was personally hoping for. But I like the dribble of non-food vanilla and musky spices skulking in the background that only Snake Oil can provide. It almost creates a caramel-corn effect, if there was such a thing as non-foodie caramel corn :lol: ...which I guess this is effectively doing? 🤔 In any event, if you're a fan of popcorn scents, definitely get your hands on some of this, you can't go wrong. ;) 

The drydown process was a wild ride, producing many confusing twisted expressions on my face... Worth it! Totally sweet corn syrup stuck popcorn balls and snake oil. Its awesome.

This reminds me a LOT of a buttery version of Snake Can. And that's exactly what I was hoping for- salty, buttery, sweet with snake oil tying it all together. It's so good, I need to hoard. 

Goo-ey caramel sugar, heavily salty popcorn, and a whiff of Snake Oil underneath. Honestly, this smells like salty caramel popcorn, emphasis on the salty bit. It's like Shill and Snake Oil had a baby. Medium throw and wear length.

Initially, it's a caramel drizzled popcorn ball, but as time wears on, it mellows to a slightly sweet, buttery popcorn. It's weirdly intriguing, and not as foody as you might expect. 

In the decant: Light carmel corn, not overly sticky or gooey. 

On my skin: 

Wet, it's much the same as in the decant. It's caramel corn on me, but not in the cloying burnt plastic way that caramel notes sometimes go on me. As it dries, a buttery note starts to emerge close to the skin, but caramel still dominates the scent's throw on me. 

Not too long after that, the caramel note does subside. The buttery popcorn note is the main note I get, but it's very skin-close. 

Wet: Something here straight away is reminding me of The Other Miss Forcible. Something smells a bit like.. butterscotch and tobacco? I think you could see the confused expression on my face if you were in person next to me, because this scent is throwing me off. Not getting any Snake Oil, or popcorn.

Dry: Ah, the Snake Oil makes an appearance! There's still something here that's giving me a The Other Miss Forcible vibe; I don't know what! Something about that scent makes my nose kind of crinkle up, and it's happening here too. (Not in a good way.)

This combination of notes just isn't working for me.

Someone upthread describes this as non-foody caramel corn, and that is right on the money for me.  Wet, it's all buttered popcorn with a hint of caramel, but once it's dry I can just make out the Snake Oil with its vanilla goodness under the kettle corn.  This wears really close to the skin for me.  I think I'll keep my decant -- it is definitely a mood-lifting scent -- but I don't need a whole bottle.  

This is one of the best Dangernoodles that I have tried. It's like kettle corn drizzled with a thin layer of caramel-y sugar over some Snake Oil. I was pleasantly surprised that it was more like kettle corn than buttery popcorn, and I didn't expect to like this as much as I do! The only downside: it does wear rather close to the skin compared to all of the other Dangernoodles I have tried (Candy Corn is the only one left on my to-try list).

I may try to find a partial of this one before it goes away, because I don't think my half-decant will be enough, but I'm also not sure I need a whole bottle of it as nobody seems to like it when I wear popcorn scents. 😭

This smells like a salty buttered popcorn ball coated in caramel! Mmmmmm. Drool-worthy. I want popcorn now! 🤤 

Edit: I ended up not really digging the dry-down of this. It went kinda pee pee smelling on me. Something to do with the popcorn/butter in it.

Edited by Kmichh

Yes! Someone else already mentioned it, glad I wasn't the only one that noticed it, too. I wanted to come here specifically to mention it's super similarity to Snake Can! If you didn't get a chance to snag that, this comes in close second. Not that there's a 1:1 similarity between popcorn and salted nuts, but I think there's something between how they interact with Snake Oil that is similar. Salty and sweet? If you're a Snake Oil lover, or a Mouse Circus lover, this is wonderful!

This is definitely an awesome popcorn - sweet and salty and buttery goodness.

Unfortunately, dry down went kinda funky and I’m getting that plastic, play doh that new Snake Oil can sometimes do on my skin.

it just needs some aging, by next Halloween the plastic my nose detects should be gone and I’ll smell delicious. 

Super delicious popcorn with the vanilla spiced goodness of Snake Oil. Definitely reminds me of popcorn balls for sure instead of regular movie theater popcorn. This is not buttery at all so if you want a more plain popcorn with some sweetness, this is a good choice. One of the best popcorn scents around, I'm in love!

Was going through old crates and I forgot that I had this one!  It has aged SO nicely.  Pitch-perfect on the popcorn ball element, all dancing around with yummy Snake Oil.