Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I bet you can still remember all the addresses of everyone who gave out the full-size chocolates on Halloween when you were a kid.

A great blast of chocolate with just a little Snake Oil underneath.  Maybe it would change if I wear it for longer.  As it is, it feels like a dupe of Gelt.

Oh goodness!! This...is....GOOD!! Sniffing the bottle I get a good blast of pure chocolate! On my skin, the Snake Oil comes out. I get the chocolate and S.O. notes and this has great throw! If you are a fan of Boomslang, you will like this, but it is more just pure chocolate and S.O.! If you are afraid of it being overly sweet, it isn't. For me, this is BU bottle worthy!!

Boomslang, is that you? I mean, its got that milk chocolate thing going on, and its sweeter than Boomslang, but I swear, its a chocolatey Snake Oil. So amp up both the chocolate and the SO, and this is what you have. Great throw and wear length. And a tiny bit of this will scent an entire box. I know this because it happened to me.

Oh my. I definitely agree that it's like a sweeter Boomslang, but dialed to 11. This would definitely satisfy any chocolate cravings you might have, but try not to lick your arm.  

In the decant: No, not Boomslang. If you dunked your face in rich, warm, chocolate fudge (without burning yourself, obviously), this is what it would smell like.

On my skin:

Wet, it's chocolate so intense that it makes Bliss feel like a pale, distant cousin. A half hour after application, and the Snake Oil is just starting to come out, drier than the chocolate. 

Ah... there's the Boomslang resemblance. About an hour in, the Snake Oil amps up to bring some solid backing to the chocolate note. 

Overall, though, this stays much more chocolate on me, though it is similar to Boomslang. If Boomslang wasn't chocolatey enough for you, this is probably the BPAL to try. 

Choco-lots! Strong milk chocolate (not the dry cacao sort) over Snake Oil. 

A close cousin of Boomslang. Like, way too close to marry.

Wet: Cocoa powder and Snake Oil! Much stronger on the chocolate part than the Snake Oil.

Dry: Sweet milk chocolate (no more "powder" scent) and Snake Oil. Super straightforward, they work very well together, and honestly.... I like this better than Boomslang. I'll see myself out.

Considering upgrading this one to a bottle!

Mega-Sized Chocolate Bar Snake Oil is like Snickers + Snake Oil. I get the same milk chocolate you'd find on a Snickers or Milky Way bar, draped over Snake Oil. I also get a hint of saltiness from this, but maybe my nose was drunk or it was a skin chemistry fluke, since nobody else mentioned it! :lol:

Boomslang features a deeper chocolate note with its cocoa. This features a sweeter milk chocolate that has better longevity on my skin than the cocoa from Boomslang.

Since the chocolate lasts longer on me, I think I may like this more than Boomslang? (Heresy, I know!) I'll have to deathmatch the two before this goes away, because I don't think I need both.

Very nice, fun, chocolatey Snake Oil. As with most chocolate blends the chocolate note sticks around for a while then fades, but leaves an aura of sweetness. I like this better than regular Snake Oil, it is softened a bit. I have heard SO described as almost waxy, and it is in a way here, but less extreme. I don't need a backup bottle, but I'll probably reach for my bottle somewhat often, especially as it ages. Another keeper!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

I love Snake Oil and almost all its variants so I grabbed this when it came out last year. After a year of aging it is quite lovely. The chocolate is definitely powdery as mentioned in other reviews, and with the Snake Oil blended in it almost feels like a lighter cousin to scents like Silky Bat and Revenant Rhythm (but much lighter!) Fades to a nice light chocolate snakey mix. 

Basic idea: sweet, gourmand, resinous, earthy.

Notes I can pick out: milk chocolate and snake oil.

This chocolate note is amazing. It's the perfect creamy milk chocolate. I don't get the Boomslang reference though because the cocoa in that doesn't smell anything like the chocolate in this. I was hoping for an even balance between the chocolate and the snake oil, but I really should have taken a hint from the name. It does say mega-sized chocolate bar after all. This is about 3/4 chocolate and 1/4 snake oil. It took me a while to decide, but I think this is just too much chocolate for me.

Edited by SurrealReality

This is officially the only snake oil blend I can wear that doesn't go powdery on me. Extremely gourmand chocolate with some headshop patchouli and spices. Intoxicating! A little goes a long way. I will search for more of this in the future!

Sexy and strong BPAL chocolate over the perfect amount of snake oil. This is one of the best BPAL chocolate scents ever! I love it! Great throw and staying power! It’s super sexy and powerful but so fun at the same time! 🐍💕🍫

I should have bought 1,000 of these.  My kingdom for a lifetime of warm, oozy, melted chocolate over raspy Snake Oil.

The chocolate notes brought out the musk and patchouli in the Snake Oil.

it was a wholly different experience than Boomslang.  

Boomslang is smooth, sleek, put-together.  A city predator in a bespoke, tailored suit.

Mega-sized Chocolate Bar is a hot, mess, bad idea who’ll might wreck your life, but will leave you melted on the sheets.