Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I knew I would enjoy this, because I love Coral Snake.  The original version of Coral Snake is like spiced apple cider Snake Oil with hints of vanilla and floral and the new version of Coral Snake is like red candy apple Snake Oil with candied citrus and juicy, tropical fruity-floral tones.  Apple + Snake Oil is surprisingly lovely.

Caramel Apple Snake Oil is just what it says on the tin.  The caramel is rich, creamy and sweet, and the Snake Oil part is like a dark, sugared musk, and there's a hint of bright, red, sugary candied apple drenched under the caramel.  It reminds me a little of the sexy caramel of Red Lantern, but this is overall sweeter and more in-your-face gourmand.  Everything about it is sugared and over-the-top festive.  Sweet, but with an undertone of darkness.  That's why it's my scent of the day today ^_^. 

Oh this is goooood!! Just got it and let it sit and warm up a bit before applying!

In the bottle, sniffing, I get the caramel, apple and snake oil. I love anything caramel apple and almost anything snake oil, so I HAD to get this. On my skin, I still get all three notes... they are so wonderful together! As it dries, I get mostly S.O. and the apple with a touch of the caramel! I am so glad I got this! This has a medium throw to me and I can see this getting better as it ages!! If you love apple scents and Snake Oil like I do, grab yourself this!!! ❤️

This is really spot-on. I agree with the above reviews. If you like caramel apple and snake oil, this fits the bill.

So the snake oil fresh is sharp on me (it generally always is) and hopefully it smooths out with ageing as snake oil is apt to do. However, laid over it is exactly perfect caramel apple. Like really. Fresh apple and sweet (but not overly sweet) caramel. Honestly I'm not even sure this is very foody. Like it is sweet but not tooth achingly sweet. A little confusing, totally wonderful. I cannot wait to see how the caramel apple lays over aged snake oil.

Gooey caramel, whiff of apple, and musky Snake Oil. This one oddly enough reminds me to the Red Lantern. Heavy caramel note, spices, and musk. But this one has way way more sugar in it. Medium throw and wear length.

Sharp, crisp green apple, dipped in burnt sugar. As it dries, the caramel wraps around it, with just a hint of muskiness from the snake oil. 

In the decant: Tartly apply at first -- Granny Smith -- followed by caramel. Snake Oil doesn't assert itself at all. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's again apple first, followed by Snake Oil, followed by caramel. I wonder how much of this is going to be a battle between the Snake Oil and the other notes. As it dries, however, the apple note becomes decidedly floral on me. Apple blossom and a touch of honeysuckle. The caramel wafts on the scent's throw but disappears when I stick my nose close to my skin. There's a touch of Snake Oil underneath, patch and vanilla, but it's very subtle. 

Yep. Floral and a bit of caramel. No real Snake Oil for me. Maybe I need to let this one age a bit as well. 

Wet: Tart apple and burnt sugar. No Snake Oil... yet!

Dry: Okay, so... I've now tested this multiple times, and keep getting the same outcome. This doesn't work for me. It all but disappears on my skin during the dry down. There's a very, VERY faint trace of apple left on my skin.. and that's it. Nothing else. Virtually no throw. 

This flat out doesn't work on my skin. Amazing in theory, and I'm almost tempted to grab a bottle just to let it age just in case it turns out to be amazing in a year. OI.

Bottle and wet on skin:

Warm, creamy, drippy caramel enfolding a green apple. Only a hint of something woody and more sophisticated beneath (hi, Snek).

Drying and dry: 

Warm caramel, hint of green apple, and Snek's musky woods.

This reminds me a bit of the apple blossom, caramel, cream, skin musk, and teak in Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht. I think that's the closest blend I've tried to this one, for what this is like on my skin.

Caramel Apple Snake Oil is green apple and Snake Oil on me. I am not really a fan of fragrances that are heavy on the caramel, and this has less caramel on me than I thought it would -- the apple is stronger than the caramel on my skin, and the caramel is not a thick layer.

I do not like this as much as the OG Coral Snake, so no bottle for me, but I would recommend it for those looking for a green apple snek.

This used to smell a lot more buttery than it does now, which is to say, not at all. Dry, it's Granny Smith greeting you at the door, followed by equal parts non-buttery, sticky caramel and Snake Oil. I do declare I like it a lot. 

In my mind, I always thought I should love apple notes. I love pear notes. I love to eat apples. So why didn't I want to smell like apples? Regardless of the reason why, I had finally come to accept the fact that apple notes just do not work for me. So, when I received a tester of Caramel Apple SO as a frimp, I didn't even bother to try it. Just tossed in my "to frimp" box. Then one day, I guess I was bored and decided to give it a go. It took me completely by surprise. I love this so much that I wound up with backups.

Basic idea: sweet, fruity, resinous, earthy, gourmand.

Notes I can pick out: caramel, snake oil, and fresh apple.

The caramel and the snake oil are evenly balanced. I know caramel + snake oil sounds heavy, but it doesn't come off that way here. The caramel note itself is somehow lighter/softer than other caramel notes I've smelled from the lab. The apple is the weakest note, but not by much. Green and very tart - definitely a granny smith.

I don't know that I'll ever find another apple scent that works for me again, but I'm happy to have found at least one. For the record, I have tried Coral Snake and didn't like it at all (totally different apple note in that one).

Edited by SurrealReality

goes on as a very tart green apple and a light, ultra-sweet caramel.  there is a hint of a deeper, vanilla-leaning underpinning, but i'd never have pegged it as snake oil.  at this point i expected the snake oil to start gaining some traction, because that's just what it does in a blend.  instead, the whole lot just... fades away.  within two hours, there's only a wisp of sweetness left on the skin to hint that it was ever even there. these are elements that i amp, and that usually stick around for days, so i'm puzzled and saddened. 

this seemed like a no-brainer for me.  i adore snake oil, caramel, and apple, and the combination sounded like a match made in heaven. but i'm left wanting, so wanting.