Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A host of phantoms: mist-pale lilac, orris root, bruised violets, mugwort, white amber, yuzu, white champa, and white musk.

Bright hit of yuzu, followed by a mix of violets and lilac, and a whiff of white champa and orris. The first note on wet, is a bracing yuzu and its clear and sparkling, after which y ou get both the lilac and violets. As it dries, I get a bit more of the amber, which drives it into a more perfume territory for me. I am left with a bright violet/lilac blend, on a bed of dusty champa and orris, and warm amber. It's both bright, haunting, and just a little weird. Low throw and wear length.

In the decant and right after applying, I get strong, bright yuzu with lilac and violet in the background. It's a weird combo, and yet it works. As it dries down more, the amber, white musk, and orris get more prominent as the yuzu fades into the background. Overall, I get a lilac/slightly spicy violet blend, softened with the amber and musk and just a hint of yuzu to make it unusual. Definitely has a pale, ghostly vibe. Not sure if this'll be a bottle purchase for me yet, but will certainly keep using my decant.

this starts off pretty soapy on me, with a hint of yuzu. it's like an old fashioned soap with yuzu. i think mostly white musk, orris and lilac are prominent at first. after about 15-20 minutes on the skin it's a soapy violet-white musk with yuzu. an odd scent and just far too soapy with my skin chemistry.

This starts off very discordant with white musk and citrus yuzu being at the forefront.  I get the soap references, but it's more dryer sheets to my nose, not aquatic soap.  It dries down quickly to a misty lilac scent with a bit of darkness in the background.  The yuzu vanishes within minutes.  This is The Unicorn Rushing Against a Tree's kooky cousin.  It's not bad, but mist notes rarely work on me, and I have other lilac scents I like more.  Swaps!

Edited by VetchVesper

I do my reviews on facebook first, and I test without the note list first. Orris, violet, and white musk almost never work on me. I had no idea I owned this and don't even recognize the name

This is where a bad skin fit still is a great perfume

In the imp: oh redacted what is that. No idea. Chemically but obliviously deliberately that way

Wet: white musk and lemon

Dry: it reminds me both of a hospital and J Horror. This is truly evocative and truly not me. There’s wood in there, and something base

With notes

Ok. There’s the musk, the lemon is yuzu. I can tell the amber and lilac now that I know. The orris and violet are the baseness I was getting. sometimes it shifts into a really nice lovely spring perfume and sometimes it shifts into all the ways these notes can go wrong on me.